Punchestown Day 5

Superb effort but Binocular is running a stone below his CH win form nowadays and he was all wrong today , hated making the running but had no choice as a walk would have happened otherwise, hated the ground and his jumping was all over the place - sad to watch.

Zarkandar possibly the only challenger to HF on this unless Binocular returns to his best.

Last edited:
Not Al Ferof anyway. Or any of the Neptune horses from this year. Unless there's someone who missed Cheltenham we're forgetting. I'm sure we'd know about them if there was.

Nothing to stop this horse dominating for a couple more years IMO..

Good point EC - I'm sure Binocular will have his day, not convinced he's the horse he was in all honesty but that's racing.

Probably Bobbyjo - he was certainly a touch well in off that mark.

Interesting Bobbyjo but (and I wasn't a fan) Thousand Stars has improved out of all proportions (looking at the horses he has beaten the last twice).

Binocular looks done for unfortunately.

I am afraid there is something up with Binocular whether physical or between the ears or both who knows .

I've just seen the race.

What did he beat? :p

I won't deny that there is a certain satisfaction in vindication, but it doesn't compare to the simple joy of watching this horse race. He is awesome. :cool:

Last edited:
Good point EC - I'm sure Binocular will have his day, not convinced he's the horse he was in all honesty but that's racing.

Probably Bobbyjo - he was certainly a touch well in off that mark.

the only reason i went for B was that he was primed with that Aintree run for this imo..there is no way that race was his target..it was convenient

his problem today is one that has dogged his career..whats going to turn up..he has now started jumping left handed as well

from day one i've never really been keen on him..he just doesn't convince

i've never had anything agaisnt the Fly..my only commennt was if he were mine i would have mopped up every race this year and aimed him at the ch next year...so i'd be one race down..albeit a good un:D

i love hurdlers..above chasers..and he's bloody good..which i never questioned.

i think he is easily the best since Isty..and tbh he would have given him a race..probably could have beat him

I've just seen the race.

What did he beat? :p

I won't deny that there is a certain satisfaction in vindication, but it doesn't compare to the simple joy of watching this horse race. He is awesome. :cool:

Vindication of what exactly? I didn't see anyone saying anything about him on this thread..

Back