Punchestown Day 5

Vindication of what exactly? I didn't see anyone saying anything about him on this thread..

he's probably talking about me Hamm

thing is I never said he weren't good enough.

like i said..i love hurdlers more than chasers..watching that sort of win is what the jumps is about to me

Interesting Bobbyjo but (and I wasn't a fan) Thousand Stars has improved out of all proportions (looking at the horses he has beaten the last twice).

Binocular looks done for unfortunately.

Doesn't reflect well on his previous trainer..! Rated 107 going into that race...

Mullins always rated him highly. Got a Champion Hurdle entry in 2010 but no question, he has improved a lot and he's tough as nails.

Vindication of what exactly? I didn't see anyone saying anything about him on this thread..

Vindication of having talked him up since his second run in France, Hamm, and him proving to be every bit as good as I hoped.

It's essentially a form of internalised juvenile smugness on my part. I shouldn't really indulge in it, but I find myself going into auto-pilot whenever HF races. Doubtless when his form does start to fall away, I will feel the raging Yang to this particular Yin, so I do try to temper it as much as I can.

The comment was strictly personal to me, and no collateral damage was inferred. :cool:

he's probably talking about me Hamm

thing is I never said he weren't good enough.

like i said..i love hurdlers more than chasers..watching that sort of win is what the jumps is about to me

See previous reply, EC1 - I've tickled your ribs just the once (as I think you'll agree I was entitled to :cool:) and promised not to do it again. It's a promise I will be keeping.

See previous reply, EC1 - I've tickled your ribs just the once (as I think you'll agree I was entitled to :cool:) and promised not to do it again. It's a promise I will be keeping.

:)

you earned your moment

I have been thinking..there was someone else against the Fly wasn't there?

Last edited:
Vindication of having talked him up since his second run in France, Hamm, and him proving to be every bit as good as I hoped.

It's essentially a form of internalised juvenile smugness on my part. I shouldn't really indulge in it, but I find myself going into auto-pilot whenever HF races. Doubtless when his form does start to fall away, I will feel the raging Yang to this particular Yin, so I do try to temper it as much as I can.

The comment was strictly personal to me, and no collateral damage was inferred. :cool:

Indulge away and well done .. i'm the same with Long Run. Enjoy it, he won't be beaten for a season or 2..

Have had word for The Snuffler in the hunter chase. I have backed him at 60s and 80s win on Betfair for shillings, and 15s to place.

I have been thinking..there was someone else against the Fly wasn't there?

Plenty were, but it was always more a case of differences of opinion as to how much improvement he had in him, rather than anyone saying he wasn't good enough. I don't think anyone comes out of the jousts looking particularly clever or stupid - "improvement" is an exercise in educated guesswork, and you can't call every horse right. This one only got more focus because of the level he was racing at. :cool:

Patsy Cline is expected to run well in the bumper for the flood team, 15.5 win betfair and 5.1 place taken. Word from the track, take it or leave it as they say!

Plenty were, but it was always more a case of differences of opinion as to how much improvement he had in him, rather than anyone saying he wasn't good enough. I don't think anyone comes out of the jousts looking particularly clever or stupid - "improvement" is an exercise in educated guesswork, and you can't call every horse right. This one only got more focus because of the level he was racing at. :cool:

it was one hell of a thread anyway;)

If I had place laid Binocular for the house I would be reinvesting the profits place laying Cork All Star-big stamina doubt in my opinion.

Snowy Morning to won the last, Brandi Love and Grainne Ni Gearaith waiting in lingerie in my hotel room to end the perfect day!:cool:

Back