Punchestown Festival 2017

For those thinking of next year its worth keeping in mind that on the Tuesday this year and last year there have been loads of free tickets available outside.

Sent from my SM-G360F using Tapatalk

Literally couldn't give tickets away on Tuesday at the gate, people handing them out left right and centre. A great trip over though, looking forward to next year.

Temptation must be huge to go for a decent pot with him.
The Oaksey love affair with Auteuil /Mandarin /Fred Winter must be playing on their mind and hopefully the Dawn Run saga is also.
Wish them all the best as the horse is in different gravy league the way he ran them ragged for so long and battled on even after his blunder.

Yes, his Punchestown comeback run was impressive.

If they have the horse fit, which is not easily done given his fragility, it must seem a pity to them to have to put him away again until the autumn.

Connections considering French Champion Hurdle for Coneygree

Coneygree could win the Grande-Steeplechase half the track. The ground would be spot-on for him, and the trip would be fine too, as it's always run at a reasonably steady-pace. There's no need to be pissing-about over hurdles, when there's a more-or-less perfect race for him over fences at the end of this month. Besides, the winning purse for the Grande-Steeplechase is around €380K - it's a 'mere' €170K for the Hurdle race.

The only valid excuse for running over hurdles, is if they want to give him another couple of weeks to get over his last race. Otherwise, it's a no-brainer to me - he would dolly-up in the big Chase.

Won't be much jumps talk for the next few months so just a few thoughts heading into next term

I don't think Willie will want it as close next term so wonder if Ricci will rewrite the script a bit and change his purchasing model

Jessie Harrington wins this years MVP - she will be sent some very high potential horses now - look out for Not Many Left and Madison to Monroe. Someday not one to give up on either

Campeador is one signalled up by Elliott for next season as having unbelievable cruising speed

Enjoy the flat and stay healthy all, time for some rest and to gather all my nuts for the winter

Wylies latest home bred - Yeats x Fethard Lady has been named Amen Korner - In training with Willie

Last edited:
Not on topic but picking up on Granger's Harrington comments it is worth noting that the stable has a current season flat win rate of 29% and LSP of £34.58.

Jessie says ground no longer a concern for Our Duke, and likely route to Gold Cup will be JN Wines, Lexus and Irish GC.

Back