Punchestown Festival 2017

In this case both jockey/starter were only thinking of rules, not its spirit and basic common sense which sometimes you need to apply and thats not only in horse racing.

Arctic Fire the value of the week, really surprised to see he's bigger than 2/1.

Shame Petit Mouchoir is out. Had a right chance and looked a stand-out bet at 4/1. Have had a tickle on MTOY instead at 11/2 with Skybet paying 4 places

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

While we're on about sharp practice, I think it's worth noting Gordon's trick of taking Dawerann out of the first race on Wednesday which allowed his Fridaynightlights (heavily backed overnight and started favourite) in as first reserve. Dawerann was self-certificated as stiff. Understandable as he'd only run 5 days before but surely not a condition that came on after declaration time. I'm all for the reserve system but maybe there should be a rule that owners and trainers with horses already in the race should not be allowed to have horses as reserves as well. JP had all three reserves for the Irish National which is surely as big a nonsense as Gigginstown having 13 runners.

Petit Mouchoir a non-runner (stone bruise).

I was on course on Tuesday and it was very clear that Jack Kennedy was done up like a kipper on Labaik but it's disgraceful that he was allowed to jog round to avoid another 'refused to race'. If a horse doesn't jump off in reasonable time (10 seconds?) the starter should have the power to declare RTR and a non-runner.

u r hooting tooting Archie........great idea

About this Champion Hurdle............it's fucked.......what a huge hole PM left in it.....................Arctic Fire might just win this now

In this case both jockey/starter were only thinking of rules, not its spirit and basic common sense which sometimes you need to apply and thats not only in horse racing.

Arctic Fire the value of the week, really surprised to see he's bigger than 2/1.

If you don't stop talking shyte I am going to stop your tablets.............2 to effin 1? are you for real?

Last edited:
He wins even if he runs to the level of his County win, let alone if he improved from that ride and gets back to near 170. 2/1 is generous, 5/1 is value of the fraking week.

Always been a big fan of Diakali.

He will do for me in a race where - for my money, at least - there are plenty of question marks against all the horses at single-figure prices.

You couldn't pick your nose Grassy only winner you had this week I gave u lol

I have to say Augie 2/1 is value about any winner...but yer still talking shyte.........if they put the horse up at 2/1 they would take one bet...Yours lol

Back to Plan A - no more betting at Punchestown.

There you are Dessie.....how about Brain Power today..Tere are 3 possible reasons why he ran badly at Cheltenham.

1. 3 months was too long a lay off.

2. Not given his head for so long he ran with the choke out leaving nothing in reserve

3. Dislike undulation and didn't handle the course.

Surely if you backed him for the CH today is a must bet for you

He is expected to run a big race if it helps

surprising they didn't chance VVM in the big one at cheltenham when you look at her price here. not that i think she'd have got near the buv.

guess they really weren't happy with her going into it.

There you are Dessie.....how about Brain Power today..Tere are 3 possible reasons why he ran badly at Cheltenham.

1. 3 months was too long a lay off.

2. Not given his head for so long he ran with the choke out leaving nothing in reserve

3. Dislike undulation and didn't handle the course.

Surely if you backed him for the CH today is a must bet for you

He is expected to run a big race if it helps

All over this like a rash. Will come good today I am sure.

The winner all but refused to race in the Champion Hurdle and was left 20 lengths at the start.........he also came into it looking a real threat after the 2nd last before weakening

Fair is fair so they gave him back the 20 lengths they owed him from Cheltenham...........Idiots!!!!!

Back