Punchestown Festival 2018

Lessons learned here for all parties involved hopefully

Will be a tough day for PT, hope he rides a few winners and everyone moves on from this.

Al Boum Photo must be the unluckiest horse in training this year - one for a nice pot next season

RTR out to 10/3. Am I missing something?? Would have had him as a 7/4 chance

Sent from my SM-G360F using Tapatalk

i love djakadam

four times in first five in chelt gold cup

four second places in the punchestown equivalent

willie rightly gets criticism for being hard on horses at times but djak has been on the go since 4 and he's still perofmring. it's admirable. lovely horse

i love djakadam

four times in first five in chelt gold cup

four second places in the punchestown equivalent

willie rightly gets criticism for being hard on horses at times but djak has been on the go since 4 and he's still perofmring. it's admirable. lovely horse

a grand horse but he'll definitely be remembered for being the biggest bridesmaid ever

Just how much longer is Des Scahill going to be commentating though FFS. Great race but all the way up the straight he referred to Next Destination as Next Generation.

He’s a terrible commentator.

Edit: Just watched the replay and he only fu*ks up a couple of times, in that race at least.

And think Blackbow could still turn out to be easily the best of this year’s bumper horses when he’s a half decent jockey on board.

Last edited:
Is he giving his horses (Ricci's notably) a very hard end of season to try to become Irish champion trainer again. Hope the likes of Min and Getabird aren't affected next year.

A lot of Willie's horses ran very sparingly before Christmas. Willie's top ten earners have averaged less than five runs this season while Gordon's top ten earners are averaging seven runs each.

Just a thought;
If Willie has a similar day tomorrow as today will Giggi withdraw Samcro from Champion Hurdle on the basis that the WPM bird has flown ?
If that is possible surely Melon and friends are bet to lay material, not that I will be doing so.

Possibility that alot of what ran yesterday could be running again Friday looking at the decs

Mullins & Elliott have each declared three for Friday that have already run, Getabird, Whisky Sour and Min for Mullins, Blow by Blow, Delta Work and The Game Changer for Elliott. It remains to be seen how many of them actually run.

The numbers both stables are working with is phenomenal. By Saturday it is likely that Mullins will have saddled between 120 and 130 individual horses over the five days, while Elliott will probably have fielded close to 90 individual runners.

I notice too that at the four day stage, Mullins has left 44 in Saturday's handicap hurdle. That has to be a record for any trainer in any race ever.

No way can I agree with this Euro. It is a very fair course with fantastic visibility.

yes that's a bonkers comment. it's a proper test, with proper fences. you're presumably getting muddled by the camera views and angles around the last; maybe the last could be laid out better. but the track itself is excellent and that's very odd comment. what's basis for it?

Are you kidding? It may well be a grand course for those who actually care to visit but there's not a worse course around for watching on video.

It seems like there are no decent vantage point for cameras. Half the time your looking up horses arses then they are so far away you have no idea how well they are travelling and in the home straight half the time you can't tell what's leading.

Compared top Ascot /Kempton Cheltenham viewing the place looks like a dump

yes that's a bonkers comment. it's a proper test, with proper fences. you're presumably getting muddled by the camera views and angles around the last; maybe the last could be laid out better. but the track itself is excellent and that's very odd comment. what's basis for it?

It is based on watching the action on the tv, particularly the last couple of fences. Just seems pokey and gaff like.

Back