Punchestown Festival Competition

Won't lose - 3.50 Annie Power (res. 2.35 Wish Ye Didn't)
Strong bet - 5.00 Gallant Oscar (res. 5.00 Grand Jesture)
Each way - 3.10 Sizing Coal (res. 3.10 Portrait King)
Yankee - 4.25 Petite Parisienne (res. 4.25 Stars Over the Sea)

Good luck all

Last edited:
Won't lose - 16:25 Qualando
Strong bet - 17:00 Gallant Oscar
Each way - 15:10 Heathfield
Yankee - 18:10 Nambour

Reserves: Sizing Australia, Annie Power

Won't lose - 3.50 Annie Power
Strong bet - 4.25 Petite Parisienne
Each Way - 5.35 Bally Longford
Yankee - 5.00 Gallant Oscar

An Capall is still in the lead but Bob is less than 20 pts behind and still has three shells to fire, Gallant Oscar, Arbre De Vie and Nambour. An Capall has two, Rule The World and Daneking. A few others could still snatch it with a strong finish.

Bob takes over, an capall about 23 pts behind. New Approach is in third after three winners today but has no more ammunition.

Bob wins comfortably in the end, well done sir. An Capall 2nd, New Approach 3rd, full details to follow. After me dinner.

Well done bob, you had two very strong days and won comfortably in the end. An capall will be in touch with you soon about claiming your prize.

Only 5 of us ended the week with any kind of profit, which suggests to me (a) most of us are useless and our only hope is to become bookmakers, (b) a five day meeting is a long haul and (c) this particular format of betting, a mixture of higher stakes betting and yankees, is a disaster. Judging from the number of non-runners today it demoralised more than a few of us. It was an experimental format but it would need some tweaking I think before being used again. Suggestions welcome.

Thanks to all who took part and well done again to our podium of bob, an capall and New Approach

attachment.php

Attachments

• Sat Top Tier.jpg
    Sat Top Tier.jpg
    19.8 KB · Views: 54
Last edited:
Really enjoyed the comp thanks

Well done Bob

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
attachment.php

Just my luck. I win the feckin weekend and all Bob has to do is go to dinner with me Mrs

Attachments

• download.jpg
    download.jpg
    6.2 KB · Views: 41
Last edited:
Well done bob and an capall - can't believe I managed to get third!

Many thanks to Grey for organising, great fun

Sorry I couldn't post selections on the final day, work got in the way. I enjoyed it anyway, thanks for running it and well done to Bob. Look forward to the next one.

Back