Queally

Doyle hasn't done anything special on the Abdullah horses he has ridden for Lady Cecil.If Queally had ridden Morpheus,Noble Mission and Hot Snap the way Doyle did he would have had plenty of venom directed at him.

Doyle hasn't done anything special on the Abdullah horses he has ridden for Lady Cecil.If Queally had ridden Morpheus,Noble Mission and Hot Snap the way Doyle did he would have had plenty of venom directed at him.

I cannot see much wrong with the ride on Morpheus , Noble Mission ran as well as he has all year and Hot Snap drowned in the mud .

Queally was execrable in the Cesarewitch on Tiger Cliff - would have been as good a reason as many others to give him the push .

Last edited:
Morpheus ran like the limited horse that he is but if TQ had given him that ride you would have screamed blue murder.Noble Mission is what he is and no jockey is going to improve him.
Doyle's ride on Joyeuse in the Fillies Group 1 was a strange one-settled in rear-made no progress.
I have nothing against Doyle but he has made absolutely no difference so far.

Richard Hughes got the sack from Abdulla job because he was no Pat Eddery.
Time has shown he does not have to be to be champion.
To my mind there was no one quite like Pat Eddery either...
the moral of the story is give Doyle a chance.

I think there were other issues with Hughes according to his autobio . He is a much better jockey now than he was then . Most obvious illustration of this is that Stoute persuaded Abdulla and Grimthorpe to allow him firstly to keep Fallon on his Abdulla horses and then after Fallon left to use anyone but Hughes after a couple of difficult years .

Now if Moore is injured or unavailable Hughes is the man Stoute chooses.

Back