Queen Anne Stakes (group 1)

Originally posted by Euronymous@Jun 18 2008, 04:28 PM
At least Creachadoir was the best horse in the race. From a form point of view i got that race spot on but had no reward. And it`s led to my unhinging today.
There is no reason to believe Haradasun wasnt the best horse either bar maybe Cesare who got no run. Unless of course if you backed the second and third...

Originally posted by Gareth Flynn@Jun 18 2008, 03:18 PM
Coronation Cup: Ballydoyle pacemaker ignored, cries of "team tactics".

Queen Anne: Ballydoyle pacemaker slavishly followed, cries of "team tactics".

shrug::
Coronation Cup - team tactics; boxing in Getaway - Pasquier should have been wiser.
Queen Anne - team tactics; Honoured guest veering to his right to allow Haradasun through.

There is no reason to believe Haradasun wasnt the best horse either bar maybe Cesare who got no run. Unless of course if you backed the second and third...

Or Mount Nelson?

Originally posted by Andrew Hurley+Jun 18 2008, 04:31 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Andrew Hurley @ Jun 18 2008, 04:31 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-Gareth Flynn@Jun 18 2008, 03:18 PM
Coronation Cup: Ballydoyle pacemaker ignored, cries of "team tactics".

Queen Anne: Ballydoyle pacemaker slavishly followed, cries of "team tactics".

shrug::
Coronation Cup - team tactics; boxing in Getaway - Pasquier should have been wiser.
Queen Anne - team tactics; Honoured guest veering to his right to allow Haradasun through. [/b][/quote]
Getaway ran up the arse of Macarthur. Rather than tactics Murtagh just spotted the opportunity. The very same would have happened if Macarthur had of been any front running horse.

Honoured Guest did come off the rail, but in doing so he did not interfere with any other runner in the race.

Originally posted by Galileo@Jun 18 2008, 04:34 PM

Honoured Guest did come off the rail, but in doing so he did not interfere with any other runner in the race.
No, he just left a gap a bus could have got through for the Aussie horse. Meanwhile Cesare got no run whatsover. What a great story Darjina winning would have been, instead of which some fat Aussie piece of ###### gets more money in his pocket.

Originally posted by Euronymous+Jun 18 2008, 04:36 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Euronymous @ Jun 18 2008, 04:36 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-Galileo@Jun 18 2008, 04:34 PM

No, he just left a gap a bus could have got through for the Aussie horse. Meanwhile Cesare got no run whatsover. What a great story Darjina winning would have been, instead of which some fat Aussie piece of ###### gets more money in his pocket. [/b][/quote]
And stopped you winning money....

Look, Honoured Guest let Haradasun through (which is fine in my book) but if he did it resulting in another horse being hampered then Ballydoyle would have serious questions to answer.

Instead what actually happened was that Honoured Guest made the race be run at a sensible pace (everyone knew he would be a pacemaker),let his stablemate through and then himself got hampered by Finsceal Beo who in turn hampered Mount Nelson!

Originally posted by Euronymous+Jun 18 2008, 03:36 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Euronymous @ Jun 18 2008, 03:36 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-Galileo@Jun 18 2008, 04:34 PM

No, he just left a gap a bus could have got through for the Aussie horse. Meanwhile Cesare got no run whatsover. What a great story Darjina winning would have been, instead of which some fat Aussie piece of ###### gets more money in his pocket. [/b][/quote]
Do you mind cutting the insults? Just because the best horse won on the day, and you lost doesn't mean its a piece of ****. Its not appreciated and I am not going to tolerate it, and its no wonder I don't visit this site as much as I used to when people like yourself make unnecessary comments.

Originally posted by Grand Armee@Jun 18 2008, 11:45 PM

Do you mind cutting the insults? Just because the best horse won on the day, and you lost doesn't mean its a piece of ****. Its not appreciated and I am not going to tolerate it, and its no wonder I don't visit this site as much as I used to when people like yourself make unnecessary comments.
First off it was the owner i was insulting not the horse, that is a big difference and to be honest language apart justified given the circumstances of the animal`s retirement. Second i had a bad couple of days and i`ve already apologised on another thread. Third, get over yourself.

I backed Darjina, but she couldn't quite manage it. If you ran the race a couple more times you might get a couple of different results. But they paid out on the winner and so they should.

There's no doubt whatever in my mind that Haradasun was sent here to win ONE big Grade 1 for stallion purposes, which he has done. End of story, mission accomplished - these people are not in the game for the sport so much as the breeding operation, so why ever would they carry on with this horse, risking injury or any frailties surfacing?

AOB is an absolute genius at getting them primed for the one big day which will secure their future career, and we should all know that by now. Team tactics and getting jockey instructions correctly imparted and adhered to are a part of that process. We may not like it, but we have to work around it when punting.

I was talking about the reasons he was brought over HERE for a campaign, and those having been fulfilled, not about how often he'd run in total

Sometimes Gareth I do wonder why you go out of your way so far to try to pick holes in anything I say :P

Don't be paranoid. My reply wasn't intended to, and indeed doesn't pick holes in anything you said. I completely agree with your take on why he was moved to Ballydoyle. I was simply pointing out that his Aussie owner has actually campaigned him pretty aggressively.

OK Fair nuff, it;s just an impression I get from time to time :D
But I don't really care anyway coz I'm heading Euro's Classic Comp :P

Queen Anne

Tight race, won by the jockey and the team tactics.
I think Creachadoir would have beaten this field.
Haradasun 123 in my figures for this.

Back