Queen Anne Stakes (group 1)

Winner was first off the bridle but did well to get up over a trip (on fast ground especially) that looks short of his best.

Really good runs from Darjina and Finsceal Beo as well.

Cesare very unlucky there - some hard luck stories behind the leaders falling back. Fecking Frank!
Linngari very badly hampered too and looked hard to ontrol
But basically Herffernan won that for Ballydoyle - very hard to counter a team, for a single runner for an ownner :rolleyes:

Originally posted by Headstrong@Jun 17 2008, 02:48 PM
But basically Herffernan won that for Ballydoyle - very hard to counter a team, for a single runner for an ownner :rolleyes:
David McCabe rode the pacemaker...and thankfully there was a pacemaker otherwise there would be a farce of a pace like at Newbury.

I thought Luke was a bit unlucky with Mount Nelson. Cesare is ridden like that and is always vunerable hard luck stories.

Originally posted by Headstrong@Jun 17 2008, 01:48 PM
But basically Herffernan won that for Ballydoyle - very hard to counter a team, for a single runner for an ownner  :rolleyes:
What race were you watching?

Originally posted by Euronymous@Jun 17 2008, 02:06 PM
I can`t see Sageburg winning this on fast ground. I`m on FB , Darjina and Cesare as cover. My only worry is the ex Aussie horse.
So frustrating to get the race right and win no cash :cry:

7 or 8 horses seperated by no more than 2 - 3l. This for me shows it was a very poor group 1. Those out wide never got into it, Cesare never got a run, and neither did Arabian Gleam. Formbook can go right out the window from this one for my liking.

Fair do's to the winner though.

Originally posted by clivex@Jun 17 2008, 12:53 PM
They are all much of a muchness ... 

The 3 year olds have nothing to fear from the older horses over a mile.

Agree. Is Henry going for the Sussex????
really think this is a stupid comment. why not think they are all really good horses? why always try to crap the form ?

Some were saying the same about the race last year, and only a certain Darjina was able to get the better of Ramonti for the rest of the year.

Originally posted by Gearoid+Jun 17 2008, 01:50 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Gearoid @ Jun 17 2008, 01:50 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-Headstrong@Jun 17 2008, 01:48 PM
What race were you watching? [/b][/quote]
Geroid
Heffernan did his job well by grabbing the rail and keeping it while Murtagh got Haradasun going, and then got out of their way leaving Muthagh the rail at exactly the correct moment. That race
:P

They are all much of a muchness ...

The 3 year olds have nothing to fear from the older horses over a mile.

Agree. Is Henry going for the Sussex????

really think this is a stupid comment. why not think they are all really good horses? why always try to crap the form ?

and why not think they are not all outstanding horses? Wasnt as if they put the admirable but not exactly awe inspiring Cesare in his place was it?

I hope Haradasun gets a run over a mile and a quarter.

Eclipse maybe?

I believe the Australian breeding season starts in July. Could be wrong though.

Originally posted by Euronymous@Jun 17 2008, 01:49 PM
Easier mile suits her better. FB is better over 10f now, she didn`t quite have the speed at the end.
That's as good as Finsceal Beo is IMO, Euro. She doesn't get 10 furlongs I don't think.

Back