Queen Elizabeth II Stakes

Guest_

At the Start
Current going is Good, Good To Soft in places. Hopefully the weather remains dry for the week to ensure Henry and Ravens Pass turn up.

Betting from BlueSquare for the QEII:

5/4 Tamayuz
7/4 Henrythenavigator
4/1 Ravens Pass
16/1 Pressing
20/1 Honour Devil
25/1 Royal Vintage

Tamayuz must be the bet of the year at 5/4...

Henry is way over the top for the year...last run showed decline in form again.....the ground was no different at Longchamp to Newmarket when he won the guineas...most punters will be blaming the ground in France and lump on Saturday if ground is good or better....big mistake imo.

If you look at HTN form over the last two runs..not near his early season best...another 20 yd at Goodwood and RP would have beat him.

Tamayuz must be the bet of the year at 5/4...

Henry is way over the top for the year...last run showed decline in form again.....the ground was no different at Longchamp to Newmarket when he won the guineas...most punters will be blaming the ground in France and lump on Saturday if ground is good or better....big mistake imo.

If you look at HTN form over the last two runs..not near his early season best...another 20 yd at Goodwood and RP would have beat him.

If the horse was "way over the top" Coolmore would not be running him.

The ground was not the same at Longchamp as it was in Newmarket....was it soft at Longchamp? The times suggest not but the top of the surface was loose and Henry was never travelling from an early stage.

Will he beat the French horse? I think he will, but if he loses it will not be because he is over the top.

For me Tamuyuz had the run of the race in the Marois and if he`s favourite on Saturday I will take him on with both Henry and Raven`s Pass.

The ground was not the same at Longchamp as it was in Newmarket....was it soft at Longchamp?

don't take my word for it..i've used the professionals that seem to impress you guys

Racing Post results section

Prix Du Moulin
11 ran TIME 1m 36.70s (fast by 0.70s)

2000 guineas
15 ran TIME 1m 39.14s (slow by 3.14s)

So Longcamp was soft?...what does that make Newmarket then?

the ground could not have been that much of a problem seeing as HTN won on at least the same or considerably slower at Newmarket.

I know I will probably be wrong again...but I would rather deal in facts

you don't get mile races run in 96.70 on slow ground..fact

The ground was not the same at Longchamp as it was in Newmarket....was it soft at Longchamp?

don't take my word for it..i've used the professionals that seem to impress you guys

Racing Post results section

Prix Du Moulin
11 ran TIME 1m 36.70s (fast by 0.70s)

2000 guineas
15 ran TIME 1m 39.14s (slow by 3.14s)

So Longcamp was soft?...what does that make Newmarket then?

the ground could not have been that much of a problem seeing as HTN won on at least the same or considerably slower at Newmarket.

I know I will probably be wrong again...but I would rather deal in facts

you don't get mile races run in 96.70 on slow ground..fact

If you read the rest of my post you would see I clearly stated the times suggest the ground at Longchamp was NOT soft. So quoting that stuff from the RP just confirms what I said.

But looking at the race itself, the ground looked loose on top, which while not making the ground soft, would mean that a fast ground horse like Henry would find it still difficult to deal with. That was confirmed by the way Murtagh was niggling him after just a furlong.

If Henry loses on Saturday it will be because he is not good enough, I think he will win and win well.

If Henry wins it will be down to Ballydoyle teamtactics. Tamayuz is the better horse IMO and I really hope he will show that on saturday. His Marois win was breathtaking and with Major Cadeaux and Ravens Pass as a yardstick he should win by 2 length.

Astronomer Royal (USA) 4.c
Festoso (IRE) 3.f
Henrythenavigator (USA) 3.c
Honoured Guest (IRE) 4.c
Minneapolis
Nahoodh (IRE) 3.f
Racinger (FR) 5.h
Raven's Pass (USA) 3.c
Sabana Perdida (IRE) 5.m
Sageburg (IRE) 4.c
Tamayuz 3.c
Us Ranger (USA) 4.c
Winker Watson 3.c

Yes apparently Astronomer Royal is going to trap Tamayuz in , Minneapolis is to stick a foreleg out to bring raven's pass down and US ranger will try and cop off with Nahoodh before the home turn .:rolleyes:

Well, YOU are the experts on here - Tamayuz clocked quite fast times in his races, and a pacemaker is not always there to set a fast pace ...but read that Freddie Head supplemented Racinger, so there we have at least two pacemakers and no excuses.

By Tom Peacock, PA Sport

In a welcome change to many of racing's recent highlights, no extremes of ground are expected in Berkshire this week for the three-day Ascot Festival.
The meeting kicks off on Friday but nearly all the attention will be saved for the Group One events on Saturday, with Henrythenavigator and Tamayuz clashing in the Queen Elizabeth II Stakes and John Gosden's exceptional juvenile Rainbow View entered to defend her unbeaten record in the Meon Valley Stud Fillies' Mile.
Chris Stickels, clerk of the course, said on Monday afternoon: "We are good at the moment and are forecast some showers today, tomorrow and Wednesday.
"Thursday, Friday, Saturday and Sunday are expected to be dry so I would think the ground is likely to be a mixture of good and good to firm for the meeting."

By Tom Peacock, PA Sport

Chris Stickels, clerk of the course, said on Monday afternoon: "We are good at the moment ......"

We are 'well', Mr Stickles.
Really, if you cannot get the grammar right, what hope is there of your running a race-course well?

Well? No answer? Good!

:)
Regards

Yes, one presumed that was what he meant ... however, one shouldn't have to presume, don't you think?
"The going is good," will do nicely. "We are good" - too, aah, familiar.

Regards

The ground was not the same at Longchamp as it was in Newmarket

correct..the times say it was slower at Newmarket..but HTN won ...so just what was wrong at Longchamp?

the horse has done for the season on that run..one before was nowhere near good enough to win this either

is there another reason for him losing in France?...crap ride for one?

it certainly wasn't the gorund or he would not have won the guineas

Last edited:
Back