Queen Elizabeth II Stakes

I wonder if the opposite of what generally occurs with some Godolphin purcahses will apply with Delegator. he may improve a lot for new connections and some would say (not me...i just dont really know0 that a move from Meehans would do the trick (think DJ certainly stated that :) )

First run for the blue team did look very good indeed

The ground is Good To Firm - O'Brien confirms Rip as a likely runner with Mastercraftsman there on stand by.

Delegator was a really good bet last time..easy 8f and little to beat..the bonus was a steady pace which helped him even more deliver the turn of foot.....this is a stiff 8f and a lot more to beat..a totally different ball game..i just can't see him having enough guns or stamina for this test

Latest list -

Rip Van Winkle
Mastercraftsman
Poet
Windsor Palace
Set Sail
Delegator
Aqlaam
Ghanaati
Virtual
Famous Name
Zacinto

Coral: 10-11 Rip Van Winkle, 2-1 Delegator, 5-1 Aqlaam, 16-1 Famous Name, Zacinto, 25-1 Poet, Virtual, 200-1 Bar.

That seems quite big, no? If you consider RVW is a 132/133 horse, and Delegator perhaps 126, and Aqlaam 124/125 (being generous to both), then he seems quite big. Perhaps there's still a doubt about him turning up?

I wonder are people getting carried away with Delegator at Goodwood - he beat listed/Group 3 horses by a length and a half. The manner may have been taking, but the substance was that of a 121/122 horse.

Last edited:
It's barely a contest on my figures and I'd probably have Aqlaam ahead of Delegator to be honest. Rip should win very easily but I wouldn't be keen on taking 11/10 with antepost rules applying knowing how frail he is!

If I was to back him, I'd be having a saver on MCM at 12/1 just in case.

I'm hoping that Famous Name will be good enough for this, but I suppose he has only an outside chance at best. Weld's other one Casual Conquest was run off his legs in Ireland over 10 furlongs.

It's barely a contest on my figures and I'd probably have Aqlaam ahead of Delegator to be honest. Rip should win very easily but I wouldn't be keen on taking 11/10 with antepost rules applying knowing how frail he is!

If I was to back him, I'd be having a saver on MCM at 12/1 just in case.

Probably the best way to go.

Is Rip at all ground dependant?

I'm hoping that Famous Name will be good enough for this, but I suppose he has only an outside chance at best. Weld's other one Casual Conquest was run off his legs in Ireland over 10 furlongs.

Why should Famous Name reverse form with Aqlaam?

MCM does look tempting at an apparent huge price if RVW doesn't take part. I just wonder if the Irish race has effectively finished him off for the season and that he'll go out this season like he did last.

Why should Famous Name reverse form with Aqlaam?

...I don't think he will, but am hoping that he can. He's showed steady progress, but it'd probably be more of a difference of kind than degree to enable him to get this.

Last edited:
Back