Queen Elizabeth II Stakes

No not yet clivex. Rip Van Winkle's form puts him comfortably ahead of the rest I think. Even if you take a positive view of Delegator's best form, he still has something on with Rip Van Winkle from Sandown and Goodwood. I make him more like a 4/6, 8/13 chance.

Was more the state of your post DJ than the sentiments. If ever a sentence slurred... :)

Cant disagree about RVW's likely price. The race used to have a slight reputation as a favs graveyard (i think...not a statsman) but, after that goodwood performance,will be surpised if hes beaten

Delegator is reported to be in great form, but I have to agree that RVW deserves favouritism and in view of the likely very thin turnout plus a supporting cast of pacemakers it would be a surprise if the favourite didn't win... he still has to actually turn up of course. If he doesn't the race will be looking quite threadbare.

No Ballydoyle pacemakers….

Aqlaam
Mastercraftsman
Delegator
Rip Van Winkle
Zacinto

Mastercraftsman there as a late replacement?

I've had a small bet on Rip and pennies on MCM at 80 so wouldn't be upset if he ended up running.

A small but good quality field.

If Rip van Winkle reproduces his Goodwood form, I can't see him being beaten.

Mastercraftsman could make it a Ballydoyle 1-2 if he runs.

It would be awful - he's a lot better than that.

They could do with a son of Danehill Dancer at stud though, no?

Does this suggest there is a problem with RVW taking part?... I would have though MCM was the better at a mile of the two anyway, while RVW is probably better at 10 furlongs plus.

Does this suggest there is a problem with RVW taking part?... I would have though MCM was the better at a mile of the two anyway, while RVW is probably better at 10 furlongs plus.

RVW is sound as a pound right now - but given his last minute scares they seem to be covering all bases. I would think, with their main target of the Breeders Cup Classic getting closer and closer, they will not take the risk with him on Saturday as they did at Goodwood.

RVW is sound as a pound right now - but given his last minute scares they seem to be covering all bases. I would think, with their main target of the Breeders Cup Classic getting closer and closer, they will not take the risk with him on Saturday as they did at Goodwood.

That seems a sensible way of looking at it... I'm surprised that no pacemaker is thought necessary to stretch Delegator's suspect stamina. Perhaps they intend to go for it a long way out with RVW if he does take part.

Will O'Brien be subject to a fine if MCM is a non runner given the circumstances ... or is this ever enforced ?

I think they fine them but it's a negligible amount relative to the value of the race etc.

Personally don't see much wrong with it - we regularly see "ground" given as the reason for a NR when it's clearly not that since the horse comes out on similar going a week or so later.

RVW will make it a stern test - he stays 10f very well as his stupendous effort in the Eclipse shows . I would be disappointed if they get within a couple of lengths .

Such a shame Goldikova isn't coming over .

Ballydoyle are obviously doing it to suit themselves, but it's in the interest of racegoers too to see Mastercraftsman take on Delegator should Rip Van WInkle be unable to.

If they go a very good clip I could see Zacinto running a very big race and reversing the form with Delegator.

Back