Queen Elizabeth II Stakes

Yes they seem to believe they could run, but he really hasn't got much to prove this season.

No horse has nothing to prove at this stage of his career. Same stuff said about Sea The Stars last year when retired.

Didn't he do a "brilliant" gallop on Tuesday/Wednesday? I remember Hannon saying straight after the Sussex that he would love to put him away for the year then - guess he has got his way.

Why? They have been quoted as saying 'if the race was next week...' - well, there is a very good Group 1 race next week at a distance Canford Cliffs would in all likelihood be just as good at. Why not run him then, unless their initial quote was bluster, which I think it was.

Paco Boy is running in the Foret - it is his race - why the hell would they want to run CC there .

Meanwhile Hamm will no doubt be looking for grassy knolls at the Hannon yard:lol:

Paco Boy is running in the Foret - it is his race - why the hell would they want to run CC there .

Meanwhile Hamm will no doubt be looking for grassy knolls at the Hannon yard:lol:

Sigh.

The 'hell' would be because it is the right race for him after he has missed the QE2, and they are owned by different people, so it shouldn't matter if they race against each other.

Really a shame no CC running, kind of takes the shine off the day for me, but still hoping no more rain so the ground does not turn into a bog.

No horse has nothing to prove at this stage of his career. Same stuff said about Sea The Stars last year when retired.

Didn't he do a "brilliant" gallop on Tuesday/Wednesday? I remember Hannon saying straight after the Sussex that he would love to put him away for the year then - guess he has got his way.

But they intend to run him next year.

Coral are refunding all bets placed after Midnight today.

What a shite concession. Prob took about £30 since midnight.

Coral returned my stake on Canford at my local shop even though I backed him “all in” before their concessionary deadline, but after they pushed him out to 13/8... so I can’t complain. Although I understand they won’t necessarily be doing that for others. The area manager decided in my favour...

I would hate to think that they knew he was a non-runner before they pushed him out from 6/4 (the biggest price at the time) to 13/8. This wouldn’t have been ethical, would it?... and it might even suggest the scoping thing is spurious... as I may have mentioned to the Coral representative. Whether this has bearing on the decision I couldn’t comment... Joe would be turning in his grave.

Would he-reminds me of the candidate for betting shop manager of the year who was asked what would he do if he had a problem gambler in the shop-the reply was make sure that he doesn't start going to the shop down the road.

I'd have been too embarrassed to have gone in with my tail between my legs asking for my money back.

Simply asked what they were doing about it David. If I bet “all in” I don't expect to get a return. That's gambling. On the other hand it was for an amount of money I would have felt uncomfortable about them pulling a fast one on. The fact that they offered a concession at all could suggest they have a guilty conscience and were trying to paper over the cracks. They were unable to offer a reason as to why they pushed him out when they were biggest on him anyway (they agreed there would have been no point in doing that). I get the feeling that something was going on here with Canford’s non-participation... it doesn’t ring true to me... there was certainly no element of tail between my legs (I’m happy to lose much bigger amounts legitimately, as many on here would testify) you may want to be priggish about it, but that may say more about you than it does about me.

Really a shame no CC running, kind of takes the shine off the day for me, but still hoping no more rain so the ground does not turn into a bog.

Couldn't agree more. I was going to Ascot today, but somehow I've got a funny taste about it.

Simply asked what they were doing about it David. If I bet “all in” I don't expect to get a return. That's gambling. On the other hand it was for an amount of money I would have felt uncomfortable about them pulling a fast one on. The fact that they offered a concession at all could suggest they have a guilty conscience and were trying to paper over the cracks. They were unable to offer a reason as to why they pushed him out when they were biggest on him anyway (they agreed there would have been no point in doing that). I get the feeling that something was going on here with Canford’s non-participation... it doesn’t ring true to me... there was certainly no element of tail between my legs (I’m happy to lose much bigger amounts legitimately, as many on here would testify) you may want to be priggish about it, but that may say more about you than it does about me.

Tou could never be accused of not putting your money where your mouth is. I think Corals were correct to refund your bet, it's good customer service. Anyway they know they will lure your into backing that slow boat of O'Briens's in the Arc....

Tou could never be accused of not putting your money where your mouth is. I think Corals were correct to refund your bet, it's good customer service. Anyway they know they will lure your into backing that slow boat of O'Briens's in the Arc....

:lol: ...it's too late for that!

I think the industry has to take on this fav.Have persuaded the wife to back Beethoven on the grounds that the daughter was watching a dvd of that name during the week.

Beethoven to place is the bet for me. I'm not convinced the line of form through Sea Lord that suggests he has a slight edge on Poet's Voice should be taken too literally but the price differential is too severe.

Oh get in.

Makfi has Ascotitis. You don't beat Goldikova and Canford Cliffs and then run like this twice at the same track for no reason.

Hats off to Hamm, he's thought the world of this horse for bloody ages!

Change of tactics has been the making of the winner - held up the last three times and won each time :)

Great stuff from Hamm!!! :)

Back