Racing cancelled

The British Horseracing Authority has tonight announced a risk-managed return to racing will take place from Wednesday this week.

Ascot have confirmed the Betfair Hurdle and Denman Chase, originally scheduled for Newbury last week, will be added to their Saturday card.

Full story to follow...

There's more used syringes in Newmarket than backstage before a Jim Morrison concert at the moment.

Last edited:
The British Horseracing Authority has tonight announced a risk-managed return to racing will take place from Wednesday this week.

Ascot have confirmed the Betfair Hurdle and Denman Chase, originally scheduled for Newbury last week, will be added to their Saturday card.

Full story to follow...

Ascot on Saturday should be mint.

Last edited:
What will happen to all Anti Post bets for The Betfair Hurdle, now that it is being re-staged at a different track?

Last edited:
What will happen to all Anti Post bets for The Betfair Hurdle, now that it is being re-staged at a different track?

They should return your money or give you a choice depending on bookie.
I will probably let mine ride but Newbury was more suitable as he had won there,ascot is stiffer.

I'll see it through - I had fifty sterling each way on my fancy @ 20's, went to 14's before this debacle.

Best form is on right handed tracks.

Let it ride.

Last edited:
Sounds as if a few trainers, individual horses even, will fall foul of the new condition on declarations re having had to have been vacinated in the past six months. Verdana Blue of Nickys is not eligible for Kempton this weekend and Nick William's whole string faces an extra eight days before he can run one.

edit Nick Alexander, Olly Murphy,Brendan Powell,Evan Williams, Kim Bailey (until Saturday) too apparently

Last edited:
Is the equine flu vaccine put together in the same way as the human vaccine? If so, the final cocktail for each winter isn't decided until the spring/summer and made available in the autumn/winter.

Most NH trainers vaccinate November/December for a reason. It's unfortunate for those who have been caught out but possibly a self-inflicted wound?

Yes they were all written to and reminded on the 18th January. The BHA did so because of the concerns that this particular strain of equine flu which was evident elsewhere in Europe could get into the UK horse population.

Where they can't run it's definitely self-inflicted, but they still moan and complain. The owners have every right to be unhappy at their trainers who are fully responsible to make sure jabs are up to date at all times. Some horses could now miss intended preps and/or won't get marks to get into Festival handicaps.

Last edited:
More of Nicky's ineligible this weekend

Yellow Dockets, Santini, Top Notch, Beware The Bear, On The Blind Side,Verdana Blue, Countister

I wonder will bookmakers be refunding anti post bets on these horses, such as Monsieur Le Coq, for the Betfair Hurdle, that were confirmed to run, but now need to be non-runners?

Last edited:
My bet is with Ladbrokes anti-post, Simmo. I went in my local shop late last week, they said all bets stand if the race is rescheduled.

Last edited:
Irony is that even though there is racing this wknd a lot of horses will be ineligible to run because of this overnight BHA rule. I’m not surprised Henderson is having a moan, he may only be able to run a few horses this weekend because he vaccinated his string in late Sept, early August and many now need boosters to be allowed run again.

This 4 weeks out from Cheltenham. Horses take these vaccines differently. Some have no reaction but some have a big reaction & will miss up to a week.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yes they were all written to and reminded on the 18th January. The BHA did so because of the concerns that this particular strain of equine flu which was evident elsewhere in Europe could get into the UK horse population.

Where they can't run it's definitely self-inflicted, but they still moan and complain. The owners have every right to be unhappy at their trainers who are fully responsible to make sure jabs are up to date at all times. Some horses could now miss intended preps and/or won't get marks to get into Festival handicaps.

This

Back