Racing Post: Amateurs

No, I was asking if it was really true that you think the paper is "very good as a rule", as per your post. I disagree with that idea, not least since I think it gets worse and worse as time goes buy, and I was quite surprised to see your comment really, that's all!

Well, if you had the stupendously talented and wonderful Ed Whitaker, revered by readers and his peers alike, wouldn't you fill it up with pictures?!

I often find the same as Arkwright and on commenting on it to others, they too find they can't be arsed to read most of it either anymore.

I thought his diary the other day could lead to other, worthwhile articles.

More features(reading time too shortif you're not betting) needed.

The interview with Cauthen today was enjoyable.

From the RP site:

Can you help with our research?

racingpost.co.uk

WE'RE looking for assistance from those of you who log on to racingpost.co.uk every day, and live in or around the London area.

If you do, we're looking for 12 people to help us with our research which will involve either a 30-minute telephone call, or the opportunity to visit the Racing Post offices at Canary Wharf, meet the team, and take part in a small research group.

If you're interested in taking part, then please email research@racingpost.co.uk and we'll be in touch.

Thank you . . .

So I emailed them to offer my help (waiving my considerable consultancy fee for the good of the racing public, natch!) and got back:

Delivery to the following recipient failed permanently:

research@racingpost.co.uk

Technical details of permanent failure:
Google tried to deliver your message, but it was rejected by the recipient domain. We recommend contacting the other email provider for further information about the cause of this error. The error that the other server returned was: 550 550 No such user - psmtp (state 14).

Doh!

Back