Racing Post Charge

I understand why certain stories may not be accessed, now the RP have charged for such and when they are first reported. However it doesn't appear that you can get them through the archives when they are reasonably dated either, which seems a bit mean.

If I'm paying £200 a year, why do I still have to watch these crap ads on RPTV?

Also, the panelists are getting worse (who are the morons on the Shergar Cup ones?).

Willoughby and Segal are the only ones worth watching on there.

The casual racism is also unbelievable. "Puts me off that Uchida rides it."

Cuz having a top racing country's champion jockey onboard is such a negative with jockeys like Neil Callan and Seamus Heffernan on the other horses.

Christ alive, what ignorant morons.

Panic over, I just rememberd I canceld my card sorry.

Last edited:
Given that I focus primarily on Irish racing, the fact that many Irish-trained horses (particularly flat animals) do not have pedigree summaries in their profiles is a pretty glaring omission.

Maybe they are available to paid subscribers (though, as the English ones are available to me, I doubt it). Not doing spotlights for most Irish pattern races (not to mention any other races) is bad enough; neither are exactly essential and the pedigree info is accessible elsewhere on the sight, but it just strikes me as an improvement that should be made.

Yet bizarrely Irish point to point form (even Northern Irish PTP) is included in the profile of each horse and the race results are there to look up. UK PTP form isn't - only form figures appear next to the horses name, there is no UK PTP form to look up.

Yep,just checked out Rule Supreme.

Three wins from his last four runs pointing.

Croix De Guerre just the form figures for his points for Philip Hobbs.

Hunter Chases of course are included as they are run under rules.

this begging email game is getting embarrasing now

please please subscribe to RP

But what you're probably not aware of is that membership is quick, easy and actually costs half the price of a bottle of water a day

there is so much wrong with that statement its unreal...for a start...only dumb-asses buy something they have already paid for piped into their home

what have we had now?..chocolate-milk-water

we will soon have done the food+drink rounds...maybe the RP should throw in with Tesco's

each time they send begging emails they might as well just put -

We have dropped a bollock of major proportions but are so pig-headed we can't change it - so will you PLEASE subscribe? - it will only cost you 0.004% of a good boff with a cheap hooker

these people are clowns of a high order

I see W Hill's site no longer does individual Spotlights. I wonder if RP pulled the plug on that arrangement.

they have dropped a major clanger DO..what is up there for free is totally adequate for 95% of punters..why would the average punter subscribe?..there is nothing worth paying for

the problem they now have..is that those who don't pay..have now changed their habits..and view the RP..as just another racing site..and will never pay..even if the whole site went ppv

this is classic..how to trash your business by cluelessly overestimating your product

it never was worth paying for

they will get the message soon

So if on becoming a member you still get adverts etc thrown in your face consistiently, are you not paying for those companies to advertise? I would say a positive side to this forum as oppose to many others I have viewed, is that that does not occur. and technically no bias of opinion should therefore be involved. People obviously have connections to some enterpises, but for all intents and purpose that really should not count, unless they happen to be in the office and being paid to attend on this forum.

Is it just me or is anyone else having problems accessing the RP database. Im trying to access a horses form that was in our class today but it keeps saying it cannot be contacted, try in a few minutes. Been trying all day with no luck :(

Racing Post ATR media rights

Has anyone noticed that RP have now got all ATR Racecourse replays in their archieve now.

Would like to know any further reports on the going ons within this agreement reached, what can we gather about ATR through their release of their unique video coverage.

I was just about to post a topic about this. Surely ATR are laughing at the Racing Post? It's plastered over the front page that you get all the ATR replays in the ultimate membership package which is 19.95 a month. It also includes RUK replays, mega, sign me up.....

Ok you will get a single view but i've got a tabbed browser and a brain.

True enough Aragorn, but if you're already on the package it's nice to see them add such an improvement. Good stuff.

The Racing Post application for the iphone is excellent in my opinion -considering its free.

Yeah, it's pretty nifty. Very clean and straightforward (unlike their website...), and a nice base to build on. There's a couple of bugs that need fixing (e.g. long enough race names don't wrap on the results screen) but hopefully they'll continue to develop it.

Only black mark I'd give is that there really isn't any point in one of the 4 sections being given over to "Tipsters", especially when it only provides links to Youtube videos.

True enough Aragorn, but if you're already on the package it's nice to see them add such an improvement. Good stuff.

Fair point Gareth. For existing customers I guess it is adding value. As a way of attracting new business it seems flawed to me.

Ok you will get a single view but i've got a tabbed browser and a brain.

Very cheeky to charge per-view for ATR replays when they are free on the ATR site, although I do see the point of those who subscribed to the bigger packages.

Back