Racing Post website and newspaper

Grasshopper

Senior Jockey
It is truly, genuinely, dreadfully, appallingly shite.

I hope all involved in it get an STD soon.

Not feeling your normal warm hearted self this morning!

:lol:

Did I overdo it? Maybe.

It's just so crap though, TS. Slow to load, spattered with adverts I've no interest in, and - considering it's supposed to be the primary industry outlet -an absolutely desperate 'news service'.

Having thought about it further, I've decided I really do hope they get an STD. :D

Edit: see above, Monty.

Last edited:
Never used the RP website
Personally get all I need from ATR and sporting Life websites

prefer sporting life racing site but that can all too often be filled with tipping articles rather than news

Never used the RP website
Personally get all I need from ATR and sporting Life websites

ATR website is good, if a bit clunky in terms of navigation, but neither are particularly great at breaking news quickly (same goes for SL). RP has the best form database (the one thing where they do have the formatting to my liking) so I tend find myself defaulting to there, rather than ATR.

None of the industry websites are much cop, to be honest. They all look like they've been developed by the chinless son of a racecourse clerk, during the gap-year in his farming-degree.

ATR website is good, if a bit clunky in terms of navigation, but neither are particularly great at breaking news quickly (same goes for SL). RP has the best form database (the one thing where they do have the formatting to my liking) so I tend find myself defaulting to there, rather than ATR.

Definitely agree with this. Format on RP for reading form is the easiest on my eye. ATR & Sky sports racing archive for watching video replays.

In terms of breaking news, Twitter is your only Man. Follow everyone. Miss nothing. Whatever website the info is actually on.

Irishracing is good.

Super for trainer reaction and a very good horse tracker.

I rarely use the RP site.

ATR has all I need and use sporting life for video when I need it

Irishracing is good.

Super for trainer reaction and a very good horse tracker.

I rarely use the RP site.

ATR has all I need and use sporting life for video when I need it

I don't treat it as gospel but the ATR predictor has had my respect ever since it forecasted the first 2 home in the 2012 Grand National.

Totally agree Grassy, absolute POS these days. They don't seem to have invested anything in it for years, despite asking people to pay for so much that was previously free. Cancelled my sub last month.

It has been a couple of years since this thread ran - any opinions - have the Racing Post improved their website in this time or is it still a slow, buggy piece of advert hungry crap which isn't worth paying for?

PS Due a recent altercation with their customer service staff, I'll be bringing this thread to the attention of the owners of the RP shortly - so if you have any comments you want passed on - do so here.

Last edited:
At the races was the best site for speed could do the cards in a fifth of the time,but they ruined that so its impossible to use if you want to do full cards would never get them done the post is diabolical as well driving me nuts trying to get 5/6 meetings done been on it all day anf still only done 3 of Thursdays meetings they should take around an hour a piece if running smoothly going to be double that time today..

This is what I put:

First priority is to speed it up, please, it's too slow.
Second priority is to be allowed to go directly to yesterday's results. The present way of having to click on the results tab and open today's results first should be completely unnecessary. In fact it's ridiculous.
Another improvement would be to have the option when clicking on a horse's pedigree to access the racing career of the sire or dam and not just the breeding history.

Back