Racing post

Danny

At the Start
Rumours going around that from the 31st of July Racing post will no longer be able to offer race replays as part of their members package after failing to reach an agreement with RUK and ATR I believe.Don't know how many of you this will affect but I thought I'd give you the heads up.I'm pay annually for the Ultimate package and tbh I've always sort of begrudged doing so. I pay £260 per year just for the convenience of having everything in the same place (laziness really).So in a way I'm quite glad this as happened has it will give me the kick up the arse I needed to cancel my membership.

Can't be good for the future of the Racing Post.

Thoughts?

Last edited:
Just open a SkyBet account, and watch all the replays for free on the SportingLife site. Totally free as against £260 p/a.

It's a no-brainer. :)

Just open a SkyBet account, and watch all the replays for free on the SportingLife site. Totally free as against £260 p/a.

It's a no-brainer. :)

Not such a no-brainer if you live overseas unfortunately. I'm not able to subscribe to gambling sites so if anyone has any alternatives come 1st August please let me know. I assume people on this forum know what is available much better than I do - would appreciate any suggestions. Thanks

Last edited:
You can still watch replays on ATR free you only need register

On Racing UK just go to video replays and click on today's race cards and you can see any horses last race.

Unless of course they block their sites as well as gambling sites.

As for the Racing Post if it went tomorrow I couldn't care less..........this club thing is a nonsense they get plenty sponsorship from bookmakers without robbing the punter.

They give better betting forecasts and form abroad than the Sporting Life do but then the Sporting Life have better overall presentation so I am happy to use them.

There's probably more info on the Racing Post website but in my experience the more studying you do the more clouded things become and in turn, the less successful, you become.

What does it matter if you use Racing Post, Sportinglife, ATR, Racing UK or Irish racing .com?

A Labrador looking at a washing machine is still a Labrador looking at a washing machine.

What does it matter if you use Racing Post, Sportinglife, ATR, Racing UK or Irish racing .com?

A Labrador looking at a washing machine is still a Labrador looking at a washing machine.

I'm touched by the high regard in which you hold your clients, I expected that in your eyes we were mere mongrels.

I'm touched by the high regard in which you hold your clients, I expected that in your eyes we were mere mongrels.

There are some regal breds on here but they are more Josh's Pearl than Galileo if you get my drift.

Not such a no-brainer if you live overseas unfortunately. I'm not able to subscribe to gambling sites so if anyone has any alternatives come 1st August please let me know. I assume people on this forum know what is available much better than I do - would appreciate any suggestions. Thanks

Would use a VPN if you are facing this level of restriction

They called me too, Roddy. Said something about three months free, so I will take that then switch to the ordinary package and use Sky/ATR for reviews.

I will keep the minor membership as it allows me to add my own notes, comments and ratings to each race. As Danny said, it was just convenient to have the reviews on the same race that I am rating at the click of a button, rather than having to hunt through another site for it.

I'm in the same situation. I have the ATR subscription which provides unlimited replays and there's also this free http://www.thejockeyclub.co.uk/video/ but for limited tracks.

For the the other 30-40% racecourses that aren't covered by the 2 above options I am forced to watch live. I did developed a good horse racing short-term memory and can remember lots of details from the race to make rapid notes but of course it won't do me any good in few days after the event so I'll just have to trust the RP analysts comments..

Thanks for that link, Aughex, I wasn't aware of it and it will come in useful for me too. And welcome to the forum.

Thanks for that link, Aughex, I wasn't aware of it and it will come in useful for me too. And welcome to the forum.

Thanks! But we still miss about 40% or races from the tracks that arent part of JC or ATR so if anyone has any solutions to that would be great!

If using chrome just go to hola.org , download then once its set up , it lets you choose what country your browsing from , used it in Spain for betting sites and sky go ( no affiliation) lol

Aughex Sporting Life's site has all the videos for the RUK site - can be a pain searching for them but just need to log in using a Skybet account to view them.

Hide My Ass does similar Kevin though a pain when I'm watching Equidia's Live feed and it won't let me onto William Hill!!

Martin

How easy is it to cancel one's membership? I pay £20+ a month for pretty much just the odd bit of form study and tracker emails.

I couldn't find a cancellation option anywhere onsite.

How easy is it to cancel one's membership? I pay £20+ a month for pretty much just the odd bit of form study and tracker emails.

I couldn't find a cancellation option anywhere onsite.

20 quid a month..bloody hell

re the tracker..i set a spreadsheet up..all i do each night is copy and paste next days entries into it from sporting life and it automatically highlights if i have any runners next day..it takes 30 seconds..less time than logging in to email...costs nowt..and i can list as many horses that will fit a spreadsheet..is that 10 thou or summat. tracker sites are waste of effort really

i really do not understand why any one even uses the Racing Post site tbh bar a casual glance..even then Sporting life is better....and paying for it is just a waste of dough tbh..get a few meals per month for thatt Euro:)

Last edited:
I don't like the form set up the Sporting Life has but my study is mainly video based anyway.

Last edited:
Back