Racing Today

I thought psycho was poor enough first time over fences and will be looking to take him on big time today if he was about 5-4.

Almahaza's form chance looks to have been underrated in the 2.50 at Southwell because of his unfashionable trainer but his second to Topcroft in a good time looks better than what his exposed rivals have to offer.

Barney has a fascinating runner in the 7.30 at Wolverhampton tonight called Me Fein. Fresh is usually the time to catch a Barney gamble and this horses has been off for over a year. He's won on his reappearance in 2007 and 2008. Last 2 wins have come off marks of 55 and 63 and appears to be let in lighty off a mark of 50. It's comforting to know that BHA are going all out to prevent a repeat of the Tusculum incident.

Tony Martin had the first winner atCLoel,the Ruby factor and the horses reputation should all make Psycho very short.I would be looking to lay at about the 2.12 mark

Got a good word for Jessica Wigmo in the 7.30 tonight as an each way bet.

8/1 easily available but expected to go off shorter.

Cheers chroniclandlord. Had Tijuana Dancer and Shorecliffe King (place only) in with Psycho. About 10/1 treble. A good day.

Did a shocking amount of punting today after 5 o clock.Psycho was painful but some ridiculous chasing got me back in the game.a losing day but not the horror story that it was.

I've backed Milanette E/W to small stakes at 12/1 in the mares maiden hurdle at Limerick today. Looks an unusually hot contest with the likes of Liss Na Tintri but I'm sure we haven't seen the best of the Murphy mare and she should be well suited to the step up in trip.

Mizzurka is a massive price in this mare's bumper. I can't have this "doubts over faster ground" rubbish; she's a lovely horse and a fantastic mover.

Job done SL - was torn between two myself, Risaala and Sparky May. In keeping with the days other bets (Stoneys Treasure and Cheshire Prince both ew) I went with Sparky May lol

She's a proper horse alright; was really impressed with her when I saw her going to post at Newbury a couple of runs ago. Cheers and sorry it wasn't posted earlier - not long been in from tending to the 'osses!

Well done SL.

I intended to back it this morning and forgot. Saw your message and tried to get on. It had been cut from 11/2 to 4/1 and by the time I double-checked the odds and pressed 'proceed' the race was off. Oh well.

Back