Road to the 1000 Guineas

Maqaasid I very much doubt stays

I totally agree but it looks like she's heading for the Coronation Stakes. The way she cut through the field after halfway yesterday was very impressive and she'll be a potent force at sprint distances once connections get the message.

She ran the same race as she did over 7f in the Nell Gwyn. Is it the stiff finish of the Rowley Mile rather than the trip that finds her out? I think she'd beat all those she ran against yesterday in the Coronation.

Good spot !!

What happened with the one that was tailed off ??

Planted herself in the stalls when the gates opened.

Couldn't help but notice Sunday's win was jockey, jockey, jockey - 'go me' from Dettori; Saturday Queally 'it was the horse, it was the horse'.

I think Maqaasid will stay a mile very well. It was a very tough race to stay, and I think it ran like a 1m2f race, given the pace and wind.

The first two home reinforce the view.

I only just saw the replay. I have always been a Together fan, and I think she has a great chance in 1m2f to 1m4f races later this season. She is good.

She ran the same race as she did over 7f in the Nell Gwyn. Is it the stiff finish of the Rowley Mile rather than the trip that finds her out? I think she'd beat all those she ran against yesterday in the Coronation.

Hills thinks she'll be suited by a turning track and that may well be the case but I can't help thinking that something will emerge from the French and/or Irish versions that would have the beating of her. It's an obvious comparison to make but Lady Of The Desert springs to mind.

In fairness to Maqaasid it looks like a very good time yesterday on my calculations and she was well clear of the fourth. It would be foolish to say she couldn't win a Coronation but I'm still pretty sure she'll prove best at shorter distances.

Back