Road to the 1000 Guineas

What was the time of Nova Hawks race in France? It's annoying that they don't give the times anywhere for the French races [although, being on heavy ground it probably wouldn't mean much anyway].

Im going with Havant. Was good to watch the race from last year again and she looks the sort to progress strongly. Great turn of foot. Ground slight worry though

Im going with Havant. Was good to watch the race from last year again and she looks the sort to progress strongly. Great turn of foot. Ground slight worry though

I'm torn between half a dozen in this of which Havant is one. But good as she appears there is not a lot to go on with her. We're taking her a bit on trust and I'm not sure she should be near favourite.

I havant had bet in this but fascinated with it.

Was that "pun" really necessary? Mr M.
Hey I often rely on your knowledge to concentrate my thoughts on the Classics and maybe your lack of opinion is due to this not being a particularly strong race. Hopefully this ties in with my selection of a proven stayer that could power through at the end.

What was the time of Nova Hawks race in France? It's annoying that they don't give the times anywhere for the French races [although, being on heavy ground it probably wouldn't mean much anyway].
France Galop supply the official times for all races in France

Nova Hawk's was run in 1:47.50 on heavy ground

Barocci ran the colts equivalent in 1:48.90 carrying 1KG more

Nova Hawk and I Love Me for me. Wasn't going to have a bet but had a couple of poiunds to pick up from Dubawi Gold yesterday. Ignored Memory because I thought Danehill Dancers' prefer softer ground and back a horse that has only won on heavy! There's some logic in it somewhere, but I'll be blowed if I can find it.

I'll go with Barefoot Lady e/w. Fit, tough and worth a chance at a nice price.

She didn't seem to want to get involved. I must say with how Hughes kept going on and on about her it was the only highlight of the race for me.

I had a choice - put time and money into 1000 Guineas, which I think is a minefield, or Arsenal...

:D:D:D

Delighted for Godolphin.

Good stuff TS.

Just watched the race - they were nicely strung out and she looks the absolute ideal Oaks horse. She must have a great chance, and is for me, overpriced at 7/2.

Sorry about the lack of modesty - had a few bob from yesterday and went for it on BB. The finish was one to shout for- he was flying but a long way behind. Yesterday screaming "hang on boy" today "get up girl,go on". Will be hoarse for a few days.

'twas rather immodest of you but you can be forgiven in this instance.

Blue Bunting is another horse that hadn't registered on my radar!!:blink: (I did miss out on most of the last flat season).

Says it all about sexism in racing, doesn't it? 6,000 views re the 2000 Guineas, just over a poxy 1,500 for the 1000. BLUE BUNTING says "up yours!".

Memory looks a hound . It seems a pretty poor affair though . Together could not cope with colts that were turned over in a G 3 . Maqaasid I very much doubt stays .

All credit to the winner who was lucky enoughto avoid a trip to Dubai , otherwise I imagine she would probably have reappeared in the Galtres but I expect Havant to come on a bomb for that and to be a big Oaks threat.

Back