Road to the 2000 Guineas

Euronymous

Senior Jockey
Cristoforo Colombo into 13 on the machine for this having been as big as 40 immediately after the Middle Park.

I expect a dry spring after this terribly wet winter and he will have his ground in May.

O'Brien was interviewed on ATR today and was talking him up. Sounds like he'll need quick ground though.

Shame it wasn't a more competitive race but that was a very nice, professional win from Toronado in the Craven.

If he gets first run on DA I'd fancy Toronado to hold on. Depsite winning all his races there's one word missing from his form.............quickened!!!!

He may well win the Guineas as it doesn't look a great race and he's very tough but I can't see him going on from there.

What is going on with Cristoforo Colombo's price? Surely Joseph won't choose to ride a once raced nag who has no chance in the race.

sheikh

no bets on this so far

Dawn Approach looks the main one, price gone

Toronado the danger
nothing too original here

He comes from a family that peaks early. This horse ran in the first 2yo race in Ireland last season and showed plenty of precocity, as well as being a really well made for one so young. I fully expect a few of these to progress past him, even if his young sire has passed on a fair bit of class. I also don't think he beat much in winning his two group 1's; his Coventry stakes win was his best piece of form.

Dawn Approach is a massive lay. Won't win.

I'm guessing its on the basis that the horses price has collapsed from 7/2 to 5/4 simply because he is alive and well. Now that is an angle as such BUT what have you got running for you if you lay him? These Guineas fiekds can in retrospect contain end of season maidens, beaten horses in the Jersey stakes and spribters and failed sprinters.

I thought Toronado was very impressive the other day.

The indecision from Ballydoyle is blurring the picture; once the horses are confirmed something will get backed in against the favourite and I reckon it'll be Mars.

Back