Road to the 2014 Cheltenham Gold Cup

God yes !

if needs be we will dig a big hole for the other runners to fall into and have it filled in by the time the Lord passes by !

we just need a foggy day Trefflich

I can see The Lord running very very well...here's hoping anyway!

interesting to read davy russell saying he thinks last instalment is "much better" than sir des champs.

if it's softish ground and he handles cheltenham he does look to be an interesting player.

SC backers must be confident of doing BW with no one of any class making the running.I bet NJH is gutted Cue Card is out

I can't imagine a day were a BW fan would think SC is anything but a pretty silk in the background.

Triolo D'Alene confirmed as a runner by NH. Currently 33-1 NRNB, surely a lot shorter on raceday itself.

interesting to read davy russell saying he thinks last instalment is "much better" than sir des champs.

if it's softish ground and he handles cheltenham he does look to be an interesting player.

I agree with that and LI is a better horse than SDC. But I don't think that Last Instalment will run in the Gold Cup.
His trainer has stated that LI has ''glass legs'' and will only run if the going is soft. It won't be. I reckon that the G/S will dry and need to be watered by the day of the race. Reading 7.2+ going assured. But this will not not be soft enough for Last instalment to run IMO.

Agree Baracouda, connections say that Li will only run if it's soft.
Well that simply will not happen, with the forecast your looking at good all over come Gold Cup day

Gotta say that is absolute bollocks. So he is basically saying that he would have won last years Gold Cup.
If he goes and wins it then I'll take it all back.

Gotta say that is absolute bollocks. So he is basically saying that he would have won last years Gold Cup.
If he goes and wins it then I'll take it all back.

Last instalment hasn't had the chance to prove that so you can't really dismiss it out of hand.

The original point was he was better than SDC, not that he'd win the Gold Cup.

Do keep up Watson :)

The original point was he was better than SDC, not that he'd win the Gold Cup.

Do keep up Watson :)

Exactly, and SDC went close enough last year. Unless your saying he would have split Bob and SDC then :p

The pipe is fully stuffed and brain in gear Holmes :cool:

Glass legs on proper good ground by Friday. Layers are adjusting to the ever increasing certainty of the ground conditions.

Yeah thought so. It's not going to be hock deep is it. Backed him NRNB. So not bothered. Looks good for my E/W @40/1 Captain Chris .Hug that rail!

Last edited:
Back