Road To The 2014 QM Champion Chase

• Thread starter Thread starter SlimChance
  • Start date Start date
Even if they do surely the Ryan Air would be the option - Twinlight will soon be too highly rated for any other option than the Queen Mother as he's just an out and out 2m chaser who will finish second to Sprinter Sacre.

RW was adamant that 2 miles is the trip for this one Sweedish.

They could miss Cheltenham altogether with Twinlight maybe

Trainer Gary Moore has said in todays Weekender stable tour that Sire De Grugy will be given an entry for the Queen Mother but is unlikely to run against Sprinter Sacre.

It is unprecedented for a betting w/o market to be available for the Cheltenham festival in early October. That can only mean one thing, the race is already horrific e/w! We have five months to build a formidable position compared to the place market on exchanges when the tapes go up.

I'm looking for the forum's wisdom on what we feel will definitely be aimed at the race as looking at the top of the betting I have question marks against all of them.

At the moment I would put Baily Green forward as a plausible runner but it's something serious punters should be looking very closely at. you don't get many opportunities to have this much time with bad e/w.

Anyone with an e/w portfolio is currently licking their chops...

13/8 for Cheltenham if you think so Grassy - come mid March could look the bet of the year.

Unfortunately, Digger sees spies under every bed, Lee, and simply cannot be trusted to have a coherent position on the matter.

I'll keep an open mind. I'm vastly less concerned about the QMCC as a betting heat, than I am about the possibility of Sacre being curtailed in terms of what he can achieve on the track. :cool:

Last edited:
Even if he runs Sprinter Sacre has a massive question mark over him now.

There's no question mark. There's nothing actually wrong with him. More likely he has been messed about with and they'll make sure that doesn't happen again.

I'd advise against options of looking to back against him.

Last edited:
Why do you think it is most likely that Sprinter Sacre has been messed around with?

Do you disagree with the assessment of the racecourse vets and the subsequent assessment of the equine cardiologist the following day that he had an irregular heartbeat?

Do you stand by your belief that Henderson took Sprinter Sacre home rather than have him drugs tested in order to give a few more hours for substances to leave his system?

Last edited:
There's no question mark. There's nothing actually wrong with him. More likely he has been messed about with and they'll make sure that doesn't happen again.

I'd advise against options of looking to back against him.

Messed around with in what way exactly? Utter tripe in my opinion so I'd be keen to hear any possible explanation or example scenarios.

We can only speculate as to what went wrong and there doesn’t seem much mileage in that, as we’ll probably never know. But the irregularity self-corrected and apparently is not ongoing. 101 things can prompt what may be termed an ‘irregular heartbeat’. What does seem clear is that there is nothing wrong with him now, that he is not suffering from (and is not being treated for) any heart-related condition, and that the yard will take every precaution to see that nothing triggers a recurrence of the ‘irregularity’. Consequently there is no big question mark about him.

What if this problem only manifests itself under the stress of race conditions, Steve?

Until Sacre has had another outing, and proven he is back to his usual form, a small question mark surely remains? Given he will go straight to Cheltenham, it's a leap of faith to be backing him at 4/7.

Back