Road to the Arc de Triomphe

Completely agree about the Eclipse.

Agree about Treve in her 1st Arc. Though STS would probably have got very close to her.
The 2nd is a more tricky one to call. STS I do believe would have won that. As for GH, possibly but debatable. When she kicked she would have got away from him. He would have been closing at the end for sure.

on arc nces
I rate Danedream, Helissio and Montjeu better than any Treves Arcs
Peintre and Sakhees too

All these what ifs, find it bizarre, rather deal with reality myself.
Criquette Head was saying last weekend that I hope they don't use the bad draw as an excuse for Golden Horn, I won't use any.

Yet some of the blind faith here still can't take the facts.

I thought this was a racing forum tiggers. A beats B then that's it is it. Let's not talk about how the race unfolded.

Analysing a race is normal procedure. This blind faith sh*te you are coming out with.

I suspect a combination of the ground( it was faster than good) , the ride ( it was not clear whether she missed the break deliberately or not and going wide this year was an error) and running away with the Vermeille did for Treve as Andre Fabre had hinted at in advance.

I also think Richard Hughes made a good point in the RP - as ever with proper 12f horses it is necessary to pretend they are just as good over 10f . Golden Horn far from being a doubtful stayer strikes me as a much better horse over 12f than 10f - easily his most impressive performances were over that trip and he outstayed TGG at Sandown whilst he was at it .

Back