Road To the Grand National 2012

According To Pete also. Very sad for small owners who loved the horse.

Sad to hear Pete and Synchronized have been lost :'(

Fabulous finish though. Thrilled for Neptune, gutted for Sunnyhillboy's connections, he ran a fantastic race. Great to see Katie do so well.

Unreal. Immense race and er a nice compliment to Denman's Gold Cup.

I'm 42 and this was my first time since 1979 not having a bet on the race but I certainly enjoyed it-the winner looked beaten several times-I think he was hampered a couple of times.

Last edited:
Synchronised should never have run in the race - it was an accident waiting to happen - he was far too sketchy a jumper and far too small and after Alverton I could not believe that Jonjo could have run him - it is sickening.

Commisserations for According to Pete as well .

Last edited:
Horrible news about the 2 horses that were lost. Synchronised/According To Pete RIP. Backed the 3 of first 4 home, so am a little chuffed:ninja:

Last edited:
Dont be silly, that race was made for Syncronised, Mon Mome is much smaller than him and he won it. sometimes dodgy jumpers come alive at aintree, horses are there to be raced, connections dont run horses expecting them to fall. I am gutted that he has died but these things happen, and its hardly because he fell under the jockey as he ran on loose for quite a while

I'm really gutted for Stopper McLernon. It's so hard to get over the line on the big day when you're drilled at stopping them for 10 months of the year.

BBC not exactly doing racing any favours. Showing slow-mo of According To Pete and describing Synchronised as being "destroyed".

Intrigue is one thing. We all like to see history created in our era, and while the idea of him running sounds nice, his jumping style will not be seen to best effect around Aintree.

He may not have fallen before, but Aintree fences are unlike anything he'll have faced to date. If he was pinging fences around Cheltenham with room for error then fair enough, but he wasn't by a long way, and he's a small horse. Just because he stays and has a touch of class about him, it won't make the Aintree fences any smaller.

The idea just seems crazy to me. I can only see one outcome. He simply won't get around. Then, God forbid the worst case scenario happens and we lose the horse!?! The Gold Cup winning horse!! After all the fallout from last years Grand National this is a risk not worth taking for me.

Sadly prophetic.

Back