Road To The Jewson Novices' Chase

Any thoughts regarding Scu getting the pace wrong up front? Kazlian again?

Edit: Just saw your post EC1.

to me Benefficient has probably gone the same speed from the bend and Scu has accelerated past him and burned the horse out..B then just keeps on at same pace and passes him when he is at end of tether.

I was pretty hopeful of Argocat but a little worried how weak he has been in the market over the last week. Even with Dynaste I would have thought 12/1 would have been about right.

Travelled and jumped well enough but didn't pick up and Russell just gave up. Perhaps we will see at Fairyhouse or Punchestown whether something was amiss.

David Pipe is a very average trainer, it is his name that gets him so much attention.

His horses are always overbet - look at his in the first 2 yesterday.

Think Mouse Morris has consistently proved you can put one away at Christmas and bring it back in perfect condition. Not a valid excuse for me.

Whilst he is a good trainer, Mouse Morris has won 1 Cheltenham race in the past 6 years (it may well be 2 in an hour or so), so I would not be using him as evidence of a method that works.

That's a good point, but equally FL ran into a proper good stayer last year in the RSA, would have won an ordinary renewal and probably would have won the Jewson if SDC had gone for the RSA.

Yes, but he was more than fortunate to win what he did the year before that so can't complain in terms of luck.

Mouse has had hardly any ammo over the past six years, and it's quite a convenient timeframe to choose in terms of the example given. He put War of Attrition away at Christmas and won the Gold Cup, put him away in the first week of January and ran second in the Supreme. First Lieutenant has ran really well in last two festivals after being put away in December. I think his horses tend to produce their best at Cheltenham so he knows how to prepare them.

Anyway, the big problem with Dynaste is that he's been winning all those egg and spoon novices over in England :)

Pont Alexandre just had no form (relative to his price).

Dynaste had very good form this season (Unioniste winning the Cheltnham handicap, HA 3rd yesterday). His trainer can't prepare a good one for the festival.

Pont Alexandre just had no form (relative to his price).

Dynaste had very good form this season (Unioniste winning the Cheltnham handicap, HA 3rd yesterday). His trainer can't prepare a good one for the festival.

Unioniste was nearly bottom weight in that handicap though.

Dynaste and Captain Conan were both in the wrong race. Dynaste looked like a 3 miler outpaced by a 2m 4f horse and I was sure Captain Conan did not stay at sandown he was just much better than the opposition - mind you I was sure Cue Card would not stay either .

Considering how Simonsig was far too free on Tuesday the owners of Captain Conan probably wish they had run him in the race he was suited to !

Back