Road to the Lincoln

Earl of Sefton one of the weakest Group races of the year - for stepping up in trip the Huxley at Chester would have to be a candidate.

I´ve been up to my eyeballs for some time at work but I´m pleased to aftertime that I backed Penitent (100/30 this morning since I can´t access betting at work) online from Spain this morning and added Dansili Dancer (14/1) so that´s the holiday paid for...

Wish yous were here.

Shocking after timing. I was too hungover today but the snide mug bet would have been e/w Penitent if any of the shnps were going 5 places. Er thinking about it, I had my net worth e/w 5 places Cesare @ 5/1 a few years ago when he was off a unbelievably low mark. I love these handicap good things but what was the most recent big handicap winner to land a group race?

I love these handicap good things but what was the most recent big handicap winner to land a group race?

Good question. It's not an easy transition. Not sure if sprinters like Borderlescott count, but maybe Pipedreamer?

Tazeez won the Earl of Sefton after winning the Cambridgeshire. Pipedreamer also won a Group race the year after his Cambridgeshire.

Was it a Group 2 Pipedreamer won? Id have thought you might have to go a bit back for a group 1 winner.

The sprinters are easier, most of them made their way through handicap company. Regal Parade prior to his Haydock sprint had won the Ayr Gold Cup.

I´ve been up to my eyeballs for some time at work but I´m pleased to aftertime that I backed Penitent (100/30 this morning since I can´t access betting at work) online from Spain this morning and added Dansili Dancer (14/1) so that´s the holiday paid for...

Wish yous were here.

you are incredible.

this is almost as good as you telling us about your multiple winners on the last day of cheltenham when racing was over.

keep it up.

Can't believe all the nonsense from bookmakers suggesting this has put a dent in their Cheltenham profits.

As regards the race itself it was strangely uncompetitive. The front two got a nice lead and nothing else got involved. May get it wrong again but I would be looking to oppose them upped in class.

After being well beaten in the Lincoln, Harrison George ran yesterday and smashed up a field of solid handicappers by 7 lengths off a mark of 95. He can't really have suddenly improved by a stone or more on his 26th run, could he?

Back