Road To The Neptune

Make of this what you will but Jim McGrath in The Daily Telegraph says Oliver Sherwood reported that his Neptune hope Puffin Billy, who has recovered from the foot injury which caused his only defeat in five races, had been “awesome” in his final piece of serious work at Lambourn on Thursday.

He tweeted it about 6 hours ago looks like the entire yard is working awesomely Last schooling session before @CheltenhamRaces Puffin Billy was awesome as was Many Clouds and Rouge Et Blanc #CheltFest He also said he's 80/20 pro neptune but it is is still ground dependant

I have taken 10/1 on Rule the World.
I rate him with the same chance of the favorite and the price looks huge.

I'm with you Links. This is my only worry but Walsh makes very few mistakes. He'll want to make it a test given the speed The New One showed last time and Pont Alexandre's stamina is proven.

That's exactly what Jonjo is hoping he will do as his horse has bags of stamina and is not short of speed either.

It's going to be interesting but there's mega confidence in Jojo's horse

Pot Alexander may well beat him but he'll have to be everything they say he is and more to beat Taquin Du Seuil

Can't be having the New One who AP beat on At Fishers Cross and he's not in the same league as Taquin Du Seuil.

Hopefully he can outgun the Irish star as well and go on to better things

I have taken 10/1 on Rule the World.
I rate him with the same chance of the favorite and the price looks huge.

Ponte Alexandre could go off 11/10 if Back In Focus wins the opener. I'll be playing Rule The World e/w also.

The Challow was an awful renewal - can't have TDS

The New One is a chaser and I'd sooner back him now for the RSA now than for this. He loses ground at his hurdles.

Fav is bombproof and I have him in doubles.

Guys, Pont Alexandre is the worst priced horse at Cheltenham. He may win, but you have 4 decent horses who have just as much potential in behind. He is THE lay of Cheltenham (I can't access Betfair so it will just have to be about bragging rights! :))

The Challow was an awful renewal - can't have TDS

The New One is a chaser and I'd sooner back him now for the RSA now than for this. He loses ground at his hurdles.

Fav is bombproof and I have him in doubles.

What good renewals of Pont Alexandre's races were there?

FWIW Davy Russell said his pedigree is pure flat there are no hurdlers in his family.
I have Sizing Gold at 33/1 in a life changing Lucky 15.

What good renewals of Pont Alexandre's races were there?

Fair point, most of the reasons I like the horse aren't really form related - he looks a beast and has an action that suggests he'll like better ground. And in my defence he isn't a proper bet for me. But the Challow is a bad race for Festival pretenders and when Clondaw Kaempfer pulled up he had absolutely nowt to beat.

He may well win, and may well be a superstar, but that equally applies to several in behind. 2/1 is even too skinny.

I'll be very disappointed if Pont Alexandre doesn't do it today. I've been fierce impressed with him. I like The New One but I think the Mullins horse could be special.

He may well win, and may well be a superstar, but that equally applies to several in behind. 2/1 is even too skinny.

Similar arguments were put forward when Mikael D'Huaguenet came over, Hamm.

Sometimes, you just need to go with your eyes, and sometimes you have to listen when a trainer says he's one of the best he's ever had through his hands.

PA is less exposed than many in opposition - none of whom have any form in the book to worry him, imo. I will be gutted if he gets turned over.

I've been banging on about Pont for a while and have backed him at 3's down the 15/8. He's pretty skinny now but I still think he'll win. Another very good novice hurdle; this looks a very good crop.

Similar arguments were put forward when Mikael D'Huaguenet came over, Hamm.

Sometimes, you just need to go with your eyes, and sometimes you have to listen when a trainer says he's one of the best he's ever had through his hands.

PA is less exposed than many in opposition - none of whom have any form in the book to worry him, imo. I will be gutted if he gets turned over.

I'm more than happy for PA to win at these prices.

I have backed Taquin du Seuil and Chatterbox e/w so won't be distraught to have both placed behind him!

Rule the world is a shocking price as well v TDS.

The race I was looking forward to the most. I think Two Rockers, Rule The World and Chatterbox are three of the best prospects around. Unfortunately unless Minsk gives it a go there appears even less chance of Walsh being harried for the lead than on Champagne Fever.

Back