Road To The Neptune

Sometimes, you just need to go with your eyes, and sometimes you have to listen when a trainer says he's one of the best he's ever had through his hands.

There were relatively similar vibes coming out about Boston Bob before Cheltenham last year. I think Pont Alexandre is solid enough though - his defeat of Sizing Gold reads well enough and I won't be laying him.

With bookies betting 1/4 in an 8-runner race I have to be playing E/W myself. I've been impressed with The New One all year - I think stable form is factored into his price at 11/2 and the quicker ground will be ideal for a horse that has a decent turn of foot.

Contemplating backing Rule The World E/W as well but can't get my head around him. Morris likes him a good deal by all accounts but having watched his last run at Naas back again I find it hard to get over just how badly that race blew up in the closing stages.

There were relatively similar vibes coming out about Boston Bob before Cheltenham last year. I think Pont Alexandre is solid enough though - his defeat of Sizing Gold reads well enough and I won't be laying him.

To be fair I think BB ran into a good one in that race (RIP)

I honestly think Ponte Alexandre is the real deal, and will be very disappointed if he is beaten today.
Ok I'll take your word for it as confidence is at an all time low after yesterday. I got good enough prices on Jonjo to afford to back him to make a small profit overall and still come out smelling of roses should Taquin Du Seuil win and can always trade a bit out in running...my bad day yesterday made worse when I laid Quevega back at the worst time possible when I though she was beat. Never mind sh1T happens and today's another day;)

Pont Alexandre has exactly the profile of horses I like taking on. There are also some serious horses in behind. This should be really good, win or lose.

Cheers Luke.

Taquin du Seuil hated the ground (as many thought).

Chatterbox ran a little green, more to come.

Pont Alexandre has won on slow ground slowly run races with no real competition. 3/1 was his right price for me.

The New One was outstanding, maybe more stayed on than turn of foot, looked beaten before the bend.

RTW ran very well, should be more to come. Not sure a better trainer to have one ready for Cheltenham than Morris.

Sam's comments about telling his Dad to calm down when discussing The New One were quite funny.

There was some gamble on that horse in the last 10 minutes before the race.

A terrific turn of foot .. I don't think he was in trouble Sam got after him as the same time as the others got after their horses .

I don't see why they shouldn't dream of the Champion . Isty,Hardy Eustace and Rock on Ruby all came via this race .

Back