Ronan Lawlor - RIP

Guest_

At the Start
Desperate news

Jockey Ronan Lawlor dies in gallop accident

By Jessica Lamb 3:22PM 16 FEB 2010
JOCKEY Ronan Lawlor was killed in an accident on neighbour Pat Fahy's gallops on Tuesday morning at the age of 21.
Lawlor, who was apprenticed to David Wachman last summer, was bolted with and thrown into a post and rail fence. An ambulance was called, but the paramedics could not revive him.
Lawlor had ridden out at Fahy's for almost as long as he could sit on a horse and Fahy was devastated by the loss of the young rider he considered a member of his family.
"The horse just took off the gallop with him," said Fahy. "When he tried to pull him back he wasthrown into the post.
"I cannot quite believe it. It's devastating as he was like family to me, my son Connor and he were such good friends."
Lawlor leaves behind parents John and Helena, brothers Gavin, Conor, Cathal and sister Aoife.

Dreadful news indeed, Galileo. Such a terrible loss to his poor family and friends. So young! RIP.

He had been at Fahys quite some time, had around 16 rides on the flat, and was apprentice to David Watchman.

A terrible event, my heart goes out to his parents and family, and also to all associated with the Fahy yard. This will always be with them and is bound to have a devastating affect.

These young amateurs who really want to make a name for themselves doing something that they enjoy doing and putting their lives into it so that we can enjoy watching it. R.I.P Ronan Lawlor

Some nice words from Willie Mullins in the RP yesterday and a nice picture of Ronan Lawlor, Emmet and Patrick Mullins when they were all much younger.

Back