Round of 16

This is a great betting opportunity, Brazil are the most over rated team in the competition for two reasons 1) They are Brazil and everyone's favourite second team and 2) They are at home. Neither of both those reasons base any fact on are they actually a good team. They are a team with a defence that is always suspect to giving up a few chances with Luiz in it. Midfield don't want the ball at all. Neymar is there only player performing to his potential and they also have Fred....f%@cking Fred, he makes Jose Altidore look like a world class finisher!! Vamos Columbia!!!!!

This is a great betting opportunity, Brazil are the most over rated team in the competition for two reasons 1) They are Brazil and everyone's favourite second team and 2) They are at home. Neither of both those reasons base any fact on are they actually a good team

They're ranked either first or third depending on which ranking system you follow. That has noting to do with just being Brazil or being at home. One of the commentators mentioned (last night?) that Brazil are undefeated in competitive home matches since something like 1974.

They are a team with a defence that is always suspect to giving up a few chances with Luiz in it.

Even the great Brazilian teams could ship a goal or two. So long as they have the threat to score more than the other team, is it really that much of an issue? Luiz has looked pretty solid so far. I'm hearing people say he doesn't play as well as this for his club side.

Midfield don't want the ball at all.

Not sure about that either. Certainly last night it looked like the defence were bypassing the midfield but that was due to Chile's tight marking. Once Chile got the ball the midfield were there to help the defence and close Chile down.

Neymar is there only player performing to his potential and they also have Fred....f%@cking Fred, he makes Jose Altidore look like a world class finisher!! Vamos Columbia!!!!!

I'm warming to Neymar. He was the typical diving, cheating batsard in a Barcelona shirt but he's definitely grown up in the last couple of weeks. He showed leadership in abundance last night. Fred is the antithesis of your typical Brazilian player but big Phil is no mug. He clearly recognises something the rest of us aren't seeing or Fred would be nowhere near the squad. I'm keeping an open mind about him. (And Hulk is a lot faster than I thought.)

This is a great betting opportunity

Only if Brazil aren't favourites... it's getting to the stage when backing against hem is looking a riskier and riskier proposition.

Agree with most of that, DO.
My take on the Fred discussion is that, because he's never played over here, people don't realise that he's simply an old fashioned goalhanger. Rather like another of his style, feed the goat and he will score. In this tournament, Brazil's main creative players, Neymar and Oscar, have basically tried to do it on their own and only part with the ball as a last resort. Because they are intelligent (in football terms) they pass the ball to space where they think Fred should be. If they looked up and passed it to where he actually was he'd probably be more effective. In almost any circumstances he's a better bet than Jo because, for all his lack of mobility he's still far more likely to be there to stick away a loose ball from a yard out. I'd leave Oscar out and play both Fernandinho and Paulinho, bringing Oscar on for Fred if necessary.

Haha we will have to agree to disagree. I backed Brazil outright before the competition started and had Fred top goalscorer aswell. Layed Brazil after the first game and I am getting more and more disillusioned with them. As for Fred he really is playing terribly

They field more chelsea players than any other team so I should wish them well, but I would love to see them knocked out

Anyone who thinks that this team that were within a centimetre of being knocked out (not undereseveredly) by a team fielding a west brom reject, is suddenly a good thing is out of their minds imo

Having seem his cluelessness at Chelsea, Scolari strikes me as about the most overrated manager around

Last edited:
Having said all that, I can't believe Bravo, who had such a good match, didn't save Neymar's penalty. The way he lined up for it (to my eyes anyway) and the shape of his run screamed it was going to Bravo's right.

Colombia 4/1 against Brazil in 90 minutes and 2/1 to qualify. If this isn't an all in job....

It probably doesn't need to be said after all my posts on both these teams but couldn't agree more. I'd probably add Colombia +1 as well. 3 seriously big bets.

Holland are basically useless but hoping Robben or Van Persie can do something very special. Otherwise, they're out.

If Robben had done what he normally does instead of staying on his feet it would have been given! Definite penalty...

Hopefully that'll force Holland to play a bit now. They've been dire so far

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

He doesn't look fit. Or he was abysmal.

Mexico got what they deserved, so negative against a team that Robben aside, resemble Cork City. Honourable mention for Kuyt though..

You're right that was pocket talk. Had RVP to score at any time. Shame cos I expect he would have taken the pen. Mexico got what they deserved alright. No ambition after going one up

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Holland are 5/1 to win the World Cup!! Fck me. They are atrocious. Beyond words, their 'midfielders' and defenders have to take 2 touches to control the ball. I am harsh on Brazil but can obviously see something. Holland have zero chance.

Argentina now have to be the bet. They have to beat Switzerland, Belgium and Cork City + Robben to get to the final.

Holland are 5/1 to win the World Cup!! Fck me. They are atrocious. Beyond words, their 'midfielders' and defenders have to take 2 touches to control the ball. I am harsh on Brazil but can obviously see something. Holland have zero chance.

With your previous in this World Cup, I'm lumping on!!! :lol:

The more I watch this World Cup the more I'm thinking England missed a massive opportunity. It's so wide open every team looks beatable if we had just got out of that group we would have grown into the tournament.
Arguably most exciting World Cup I've seen but the standard for me is phish poor.

The more I watch this World Cup the more I'm thinking England missed a massive opportunity. It's so wide open every team looks beatable if we had just got out of that group we would have grown into the tournament.
Arguably most exciting World Cup I've seen but the standard for me is phish poor.

Largely agree with that, but England are work in progress with promise.

Surely Italy and Spain are the ones kicking themselves.

Agreed but again think Italy are average at best and got what they deserved with the way they set up against Costa Rica and Uruguay.
Spain are notorious slow starters for me and in that group they just couldn't afford to. End of an era for them but they still have plenty of classy young players coming through they'll be back with a few tweeks.
The other thing I'm wondering about is how much the gulf in European football to the rest of the world is closing and what it's down to. Champions league???

Back