Royal Ascot 2015

Get yourselves down to Paddy Power they are going 10/1 Richard Hughes to be Royal Ascot top jockey.
You will get a good run for your money, Ivawood, King of Rooks, Tiggy Wiggy, Sole Power and Peacock amongst his mounts all look to have very good chances 10/1 too big surely?.

Gonna give American Hope another chance in the Hunt Cup. The tactics were terrible in the Victoria Cup over 7 - he's a hold up horse who was asked to lead over a trip probably short of his optimum - a recipe for disaster (remember Roaring Forte? He was a Haggas handicapper who was asked for a similar ride in the big International handicap on King George day a few years back - set a strong pace and faded to finish near last. Next time out he won over a mile at York setting sensible fractions. I'm hoping American Hope's trainer bangs a claimer on him and asks for a hold up ride. 25s is too big.

Last edited:
Skybet going money back on losers in the Queen Anne. Max £25 and money back credited as a free bet. Free bets expire after 2 days

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
There has to be some value in the Gold Cup market with the ground looking likely to be against the favourite and Brown Panther a probable non stayer.

Trip to Paris would do. I think 16 e/w is a massive price.

Major Jack will surely benefit from a faster pace in the Wokingham for Roger Charlton...25/1 in a place, wouldn't put anyone off!

What do we think is going to be the bottom limit for the Hunt Cup this year? I've backed Extremity who's 38 at the minute so I think I need 8 to not be declared

That will probably be a close one, his mark is about the same as what the bottom one was last year.
My gut feeling is he won't make it, but good luck anyway.

Major Jack faces the same problem in the Wokingham with a rating of just 91.
Mind you, Charlton has Huntsman Close off 98 who would get in and has a major squeak, so he's not put all his eggs in one basket.

Last edited:
The commonwealth looks a cracking race
Adaay has the form in the book and 8/1 looks great E/W but I Tiggy Wiggy should be primed for this
Dropped back to sprinting I can see her doing a Dream Ahead and running away with this.

The Coronation looks to be a cracker. Any strong views on this?
Always been a Found fan. The Bolger filly could be hard to pass mind. Throw in the French filly who also looks the part.

Enjoyed that documentary.

Still get goosebumps watching the daddy strutting his stuff.

Indeed, a very nice documentary.
The narrator -- his son, Jake -- strikes as a very likeable chap.

Last edited:
Bets for day 1:

Queen Anne - Night of Thunder (using PP offer). Pretty solid at the price, hard to see him out of the frame.

King's Stand - Muthmir. Got 8s AP, not sure I'd be backing at 11/2 although he has his ground and Sole Power imo might be on the deline

SJP - Make Believe. Market is all wrong for this. Gleneagles a worthy fav but 1/2 is silly. Consort should be bigger also.

Bets for day 1:

Queen Anne - Night of Thunder (using PP offer). Pretty solid at the price, hard to see him out of the frame.

I'd suggest using Sky Bet's offer instead Euro - assuming you have an account. Money back as a free bet simply if it loses, rather than comes 2nd or 3rd.

£25 max as opposed to £50 but you could still use it and put the other £25 on with PP if you wanted more.

Last edited by a moderator:
Toormore will reverse form with NOT i feel ..the pace here won't be as strong as at Newbury..and if it is ..will hopefully be kept a bit away from it. Whether beating NOT will be good enough though against Solow & Able Friend..is a bit of guesswork. RPR's suggest both our osses might struggle

Last edited:
Toormore will reverse form with NOT i feel ..the pace here won't be as strong as at Newbury..and if it is ..will hopefully be kept a bit away from it. Whether beating NOT will be good enough though against Solow & Able Friend..is a bit of guesswork. RPR's suggest both our osses might struggle

This looks like a race to leave alone I think - you can't be confident how the overseas form will stack up. Ascot will be a new test for the HK beast too. Solow the most likely winner but there are 10 better 6/4 shots running every day of the week.

meccas angel is not my banker of RA is the BANKER of the season
expect her to win in style

other of interest for the week
Spielberg in the POW
Fadahyil in the Jersey
Pleaschach in the Ribbesadle

This looks like a race to leave alone I think - you can't be confident how the overseas form will stack up. Ascot will be a new test for the HK beast too. Solow the most likely winner but there are 10 better 6/4 shots running every day of the week.

i'll have a go on Toormore at the prices..i'd kick mesen if it did win..not confident of beating the two others but travellers sometimes underperform

Back