Royal Ascot 2024

The more I watch White Birch v Auguste Rodin the more I am convinced there is no way Aiden's dual derby winner can reverse the placings.

Aiden mention his 4 for Royal Ascot in an interview and never gave him a mention which makes me thinks he is not confident of his chances.

Second guess him can be dangerous but White Birch to me has improved beyond all recognition this season and is my nap of the meeting.

Notable Speech could be a good thing considering Rosallian hasn't shown any real progress since. According to Aiden his Henry Longfellow has improved a ton since coming back from France...he could be anything.

Cesarewitch runner up Pied Piper will be as fresh as a daisy for the Ascot Stakes. 5/1 looks fair

White Birch broke standard by almost a second at The Curragh, so I'm simply not having it that the ground wasn't quick enough for Auguste Rodin, who is only favourite because of the yard he's from.

He's run various shockers too, including in the King George last year, so, win or lose, I'm very happy with my 8/1 White Birch win only ante-post.

I just think that WB run was so far out of kilter with its previous levels that, as the saying goes, if it looks too good to be true it probably isn't true.

I just think that WB run was so far out of kilter with its previous levels that, as the saying goes, if it looks too good to be true it probably isn't true.
I'm sorry did you miss the 2023 Derby ?🙄🙄 He was stone last and going know here then albeit too late took off like a rocket down the outside passing a dozen horses to finish 3rd. Granted he went off the boil after that but that can be put down to an immature 3yo . This season he looks a different horse and he didn't just beat Auguste Rodin he destroyed him. Aiden can make all the excuses he wants but to my eyes White Birch will beat AR anytime any place on any ground.
One question; Do I seem confident?😜

White Birch broke standard by almost a second at The Curragh, so I'm simply not having it that the ground wasn't quick enough for Auguste Rodin, who is only favourite because of the yard he's from.

He's run various shockers too, including in the King George last year, so, win or lose, I'm very happy with my 8/1 White Birch win only ante-post.
Maybe you should allow that AR was returning from a 2 Month break,whereas WB had run only 18 days earlier - and AOB is nobody's fool?

He had a 57 day break that's true but the he had exactly the same length of break,57 days, as he did before winning at Santa Anita
You can't assume the preps were identical.
At the Curragh he was pushed up early,off a strong pace,which suggests he had another race in mind.
Btw, they don't pay Ryan enough to reveal what the stable is up to.:)

I'm pleased Alflaila has been taken out of the Wolverton from what I can see. At least I should get a run for my ante post dosh in the Prince Of Wales now.

Last edited:
You can't assume the preps were identical.
At the Curragh he was pushed up early,off a strong pace,which suggests he had another race in mind.
Btw, they don't pay Ryan enough to reveal what the stable is up to.:)
Half the time they have so much talent in the yard they don't know thémselves añd Aiden just says we couldn't be happier with where he is at the minute.

I'm deep in Royal Ascot analysis mode for Full NTF Members right now and whilst picking through some of my already plugged in angles, one stood out to me like a Scottish fans thumping hangover this morning...

(Since 2012) Willie Mullins | Royal Ascot | races over 1m6f+

9/42 | 21% S/R | +£25.69 BFLSP - W&P 20/42 | 48% S/R

28% above exp

On it's own that angle is tasty enough as it is, especially with a 48% Win & Place strike-rate going on! The man is a machine, I'm sure of it!! (he's not, obviously, he's just a genius!)...

You can even tighten up those stats further with a couple of simple filters...

(Since 2012) Willie Mullins | Royal Ascot | races over 1m6f+ | horse won or placed 1 of last 3 starts | DSLR 56 or less

9/30 | 30% S/R | +£37.69 BFLSP - W&P 15/30 | 50% S/R

78% above exp

Last year there were two Mullins qualifiers in the Copper Horse Handicap over 1m6f and they finished 1st (VAUBAN) & 2nd (ABSURDE)... returning a tasty exacta of +£15.20...

I'm deep in Royal Ascot analysis mode for Full NTF Members right now and whilst picking through some of my already plugged in angles, one stood out to me like a Scottish fans thumping hangover this morning...

(Since 2012) Willie Mullins | Royal Ascot | races over 1m6f+

9/42 | 21% S/R | +£25.69 BFLSP - W&P 20/42 | 48% S/R

28% above exp

On it's own that angle is tasty enough as it is, especially with a 48% Win & Place strike-rate going on! The man is a machine, I'm sure of it!! (he's not, obviously, he's just a genius!)...

You can even tighten up those stats further with a couple of simple filters...

(Since 2012) Willie Mullins | Royal Ascot | races over 1m6f+ | horse won or placed 1 of last 3 starts | DSLR 56 or less

9/30 | 30% S/R | +£37.69 BFLSP - W&P 15/30 | 50% S/R

78% above exp

Last year there were two Mullins qualifiers in the Copper Horse Handicap over 1m6f and they finished 1st (VAUBAN) & 2nd (ABSURDE)... returning a tasty exacta of +£15.20...
Is that you, Ben?

I've just looked at Wednesday's card.

The POW and Hunt Cup aside, it must be the pishiest festival card for a long time. All juveniles' and fillies/mares' races.

Once again The Devil vomits in my kettle.

I am on him for the Eclipse too - but giving the Wfa to City Of Troy wouldn't be easy.
I feel for you, Ian.

All my ante posts are still in at the moment, which I didn't think I'd be saying a day before kick off.

I am convinced Alflaila is going to run an almighty race. I've punted him accordingly.

Also on Real Gain win only, (followed Outsider), and Aerion Power Each Way in the Royal Hunt Cup.

Oh and folowed Reet's tip on Believing.

I think I'll let others get involved in this thread now. It's a team effort, is forum life.

I don't mind losing there's always other days BUT​

John Joseph Murphy never as much as hinted he might not run Neither has he said why he is not running,,,,,,mans a cunt :mad:

I need Notable Speech | Highbury | City Of Troy to win to come out slightly in front now.

Of course AOB has suddenly entered Illinoi into calculations and he s gone from 16/1 to 5/2 fav and Highburgh has gone from 15/8 to 4/1. and back into 3/1
Once again The Devil vomits in my kettle.

I am on him for the Eclipse too - but giving the Wfa to City Of Troy wouldn't be easy.
Apparently his blood count was wrong

Hunt Cup. Holloway Boy appeals ew at 28s ( Ladbrookes )
Won the Chesham on his 2yo debut + ran well here last year in the Group 3 Jersey Stakes.
A close 4th there + he's 4lb lower. A reproduction of that effort, will put him right there.

Can anyone shed any light on Oisin Murphy's contractual obligations?

In the Copper Horse, Fox Power has the fav but Moore rides (for Stoute). Qatar Racing has just bought Tyson Fury which had Spencer pencilled in but now Sheridan takes over with Frank confirming the ride on Party Central for Elliott. Murphy rides Alsakib for Balding but not for any owner retainer, as far as I know.

Would Moore have been Mullins's first shout for Belloccio, only calling on Buick if Moore turned him down?

It was an intriguing race to start with but all these jockey situations have me tied in knots.

Back