Royal Ascot Day 1

EC1

On a break
Not sure what the thread situation is re Ascot, so started this.

Does anyone think that Dream Ahead is a bit of value to place in the SJP..ground could come his way..14s in win market

I was looking at Wootton Bassett in that particular market but you a have point if the rain continues.

It's a shame there isn't 8 in the Queen Anne because I fancy Cape Blanco could run well.

Overall though it's not much of a punting card, more a sit back and enjoy the day event.

I was looking at Wootton Bassett in that particular market but you a have point if the rain continues.

It's a shame there isn't 8 in the Queen Anne because I fancy Cape Blanco could run well.

Overall though it's not much of a punting card, more a sit back and enjoy the day event.

i wonder if WB stays 8f Euro..especially over this stiff finish

I'm not a flat man, but Canford Cliffs v Goldikova should be some race. Very hard to call a winner in my view. Could soft ground throw up a result?

As a layer I would try and lay both Canford and Goldikova at 11/10 which gives you 20/1 on the shock result.

I'm not a flat man, but Canford Cliffs v Goldikova should be some race. Very hard to call a winner in my view. Could soft ground throw up a result?

It would suit Dick Turpin but I'll try and find out how he is and if he's running, he was seen by a vet after his run in France and his blood was all wrong, so he went on the easy list until it comes right and they said they will only run him again if there's rain.

It would suit Dick Turpin but I'll try and find out how he is and if he's running, he was seen by a vet after his run in France and his blood was all wrong, so he went on the easy list until it comes right and they said they will only run him again if there's rain.
Not declared for the Queen Anne SC - hope he's ok.

Zoffany tempting in the place market for the SJP. With the ground against WB, the French animal and Dubawi Gold he's not badly priced at 5.

The going is good to soft, but will quickly dry up back to either side of good for most of the week. So it shouldn’t disadvantage anything too much.

Canford Cliffs is a great big certainty for day 1.

Frankel should also be fine running against his own age group, but will only beat the good older horses when stepped up. Dream Ahead could well be the place value in the St James’s Palace.

Should be enjoyable. I’ll be on course tomorrow... can’t wait.

Me too. First time at Royal Ascot so looking forward to it.. Had to buy the girlfriend a dress but such is life!!!

The first three races are just to be watched and enjoyed although I will be trying to obtain better odds by having a double on Frankel and Canford (You better be right Steve!!!!! :) )

Me too. First time at Royal Ascot so looking forward to it.. Had to buy the girlfriend a dress but such is life!!!

The first three races are just to be watched and enjoyed although I will be trying to obtain better odds by having a double on Frankel and Canford (You better be right Steve!!!!! :) )

[FONT=&quot]Girlfriends are an expensive business and no mistake... Soft touch that I am, I’m giving Mrs M her annual outing on Thursday (and will be watching she doesn’t overdo it on the sweet Sherries). I’m on my own tomorrow though... so lock up your daughters (and girlfriends) when Canford obliges!![/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]...have a great day![/FONT]

One I find interesting in the Kings Stand is Tracey Collins runner, Arctic.

Hit a rating of 116 as a 2yo, and while his 3yo form doesn't inspire confidence, the price is tempting were the horse to regain his sparkling 2yo form. Bit of cut in the ground wouldn't do any harm either. At 40/1 he's worth a small interest.

Anyone got a view on the Frankel tactics tomorrow? I know SHRAC has already said tactics will be different this time but my slight concern is the horse just wants to get on with it and by trying to get him to settle could use up a lot of energy..Could be tricky for Tom, clearly on the best horse in the race, - all being well the master of Warren Place has finally worked his magic on getting him to settle at HQ..

The going is good to soft, but will quickly dry up back to either side of good for most of the week. So it shouldn’t disadvantage anything too much.

Canford Cliffs is a great big certainty for day 1.

Frankel should also be fine running against his own age group, but will only beat the good older horses when stepped up. Dream Ahead could well be the place value in the St James’s Palace.

Should be enjoyable. I’ll be on course tomorrow... can’t wait.

Canford is a lay for me if there's any soft in the ground - I'm convinced he'll only show his best on good fast or firm ground - we'll find out tomorrow and like you I can't wait.

Fancy Goldie to hold off CC , but what a great start to the meeting. Everything set-up for a great week, only disappointment for me is no Workforce in the POW. Can only assume he needs more time to recover between races.

Back