Royal Ascot Day 1

Grand Prix Boss all the way. Race will be run to suit, horse has an incredible turn of foot, cracking EW bet.

Dont usually have ago at jockeys but that was a panic ride. Didnt do this great horse justice at all

It's hard to put up monster performances back to back. Give him a couple of months off and he'll be back in the Autumn. I think today was made look worse than necessary due to Queally trying to win by 20 lengths rather than just riding him to his ability on the day.

Crazy ride from Queally. Why couldn't he wait till he rounded the home turn to kick on? He had a 3.5 furlong sprint there basically.Making a monkey of the horse..he won't last with those tactics. Horse is either nuts and won't settle or TP is taking liberties with him.

Are they trying to break the horse? Jesus.

Indeed.

I don't mean to sound abusive or anything, but Queally is bordering on retarded. It was, and I'm not exaggerating, the worst ride I've seen in years. I couldn't believe what I was seeing.

Abdullah needs to get rid of him off his horses, and quickly.

He is a disaster.

That horse will suffer because of this.

Indeed.

I don't mean to sound abusive or anything, but Queally is bordering on retarded. It was, and I'm not exaggerating, the worst ride I've seen in years. I couldn't believe what I was seeing.

Abdullah needs to get rid of him off his horses, and quickly.

He is a disaster.

That horse will suffer because of this.

its breaking my heart seeing possibly one of teh best horses ever being ridden by this guy...any other top jockey would have done

there is no way that Cecil was pleased with that..his face told all

i read an interview with Sir Henry Cecil a few days ago, and he said he has a race plan in mind which he thinks will work. i would bet Queally was simply following orders.

I'm pretty sure that wasn't the case today. Looked at his most straightforward ever.

agreed..then queally just got it in his head to open him up..its head scratching..he only had to keep travelling as he did then kick on in the straight...unreal

and the horse still won..how.. i don't know how

Last edited:
To me this was like trying to win 6-0 against Liechtenstein. Go out to win 6-0 and you'll make a bags of it. Go out and try to play decent football and you'll score a few goals. Think Frankel would have won 4-0 had he played properly today, instead of scrambling a messy 1-0.

Last edited:
I think you're being a bit harsh on Tom here. I'd hold fire until we hear the full facts of the race. I think they've done as much as they can with the horse. I don't rate the ride that was delivered today but I think time will prove that the horse has a mind of his own!

Possibilities: 1 The jockey made a balls of it.2 The horse has reached the peak of his ability.3 He was undercooked today.4 The horse isn't 100per cent.
If he was mine I would bring him back in September.

Back