Royal Ascot - day 2

Might this have come too soon for Calvaryman after Epsom? Like others said I thought he ran a fine race at Epsom - he is not the horse some on here thought he was. Age Of Aquarius is running in the Gold Cup while I think he was greatly flattered by his Arc effort.

Might this have come too soon for Calvaryman after Epsom? Like others said I thought he ran a fine race at Epsom - he is not the horse some on here thought he was. Age Of Aquarius is running in the Gold Cup while I think he was greatly flattered by his Arc effort.

It's a fair shout but he ran like an absolute donkey here. I'm pretty certain he wouldn't have regressed so much if still with Fabre.

He was certainly beaten a long way from home. I'd love to say this wasnt his true running but he has disappointed so many times now it's hard to say what that is!

Good luck to those who are going to follow Glass Harmonium off a cliff. Excuses at Sandown, excuses today. Granted he might be better at 12f but he's a thinker that won;t ever make his jockeys life easy.

Great ride on the winner. nothing fancy, just extremely efficient.

Agree with Hamm about Tazeez, that's as good as he is.

This is how far they have fallen, Dettori about to do a flying dismount from a handicapper.

Dandy Boy was raped by the draw.

Dettori was saying at the preview evening last week that Invisible Man was a dog and had no chance....

Love how they can train that thing to win big races but not Arc contenders.

Last edited:
Well, weight does stop tractors and FAREER would know, having seen plenty growing up! Thought he might be closer but he did try his best and just hope he's sound next week.

Agreee, bit desperate seeing Goldophin so happy over a handicaper carrying 8st 9... :p

As I said before, a poor option for Fareer - he should have been going for a Group race, not running in the Hunt Cup against horses who would have a lot more in hand than he could hope to have.

What do Meow backers think of the 4/1?

There shouldn't be the negative of the AOB horses not running so well either (whether this is the case or not).

As I said before, a poor option for Fareer - he should have been going for a Group race, not running in the Hunt Cup against horses who would have a lot more in hand than he could hope to have.

Couldn't agree more and have just said similar on his Facebook page! :lol:

What do Meow backers think of the 4/1?

There shouldn't be the negative of the AOB horses not running so well either (whether this is the case or not).

She ran a great race, no excuses.

But Jesus what a joke of a race to watch....drawn the other side and you need not have bothered to turn up. The Weld filly had absolutely no chance.

She ran a blinder for 4f though Gal - she ws well up there going into the final furlong despite being drawn on totally the wrong part of the track.

Over-watering? Or just general watering, just a guess.......Farce of a race, dont think anyone can bet on the straight course. They can try to overwater the bias out though!

There must be some value though in the last race.

Timepiece must have a great chance from her draw, and I fancied the Dunlop horse to run well earlier, and now even more so from stall 11.

She ran a great race, no excuses.

But Jesus what a joke of a race to watch....drawn the other side and you need not have bothered to turn up. The Weld filly had absolutely no chance.

100% spot on. The market move for the winner was on the basis of the draw bias.

This is how far they have fallen, Dettori about to do a flying dismount from a handicapper.

Did one at York as well recently on a non-Godolphin handicapper.

Would be surprised if he didn't do a flying dismount after a night with the wife at this stage though...

Jockey check for Siyaadah Stan - agree with you about her on form but with that prat on top it's a definite no bet (on the positive side he just has to point her in a straight line)

4.25 'Short' list: Riggins (2nd), Marajaa, Invisible Man (won), Spectait, St Moritz (3rd), Shavansky, Docofthebay
I think either very high or very low will be the key to the Hunt Cup. Most of my short list are drawn high so maybe one of those. I marginally prefer St Moritz.
Four of the list were drawn high and took the first three places.

This has been a great race for me down the years, adding to previous wins for Forgotten Voice (2009), Royal Oath (2007), Cesare (2006) and New Seeker (2005).

Yes, I do back more than one but hey...

A bad meeting just turned into a good one for me :)

I've split small stakes on 4 of the double figure drawn horses I think could go well - Marie de Medici, Timepiece, Mudaraah and Siyadaah. Of course the draw bias may not be as bad as the last race and you can always get across quickly (Guyon on Lope de Vega for example) but regardless, I would want to take on the Stoute horse so am happy to do so with the hope of being aided by a draw bias.

Back