Royal Ascot

Euronymous

Senior Jockey
As ever a meeting to look forward to. Thoughts at this stage:

Queen Anne - I want to be against Toronado first time out over a straight mile. Verrazano ran with plenty of promise in the Lockinge but will probably be overbet. If the ground is fast Soft Falling Rain will be interesting.

King's Stand - Aside from the 3yo males this is the best division in racing this season which is strange given how weak it has been up until last year. I don't think this is a race for a bet with so many strong contenders.

SJP - Covered elsewhere on the Forum. I think the market is accurate at present.

Prince of Wales - Hard to oppose Treve but Mukhadram is overpriced at 10s given how this race will probably cut up.

Gold Cup - Is Leading Light a guaranteed stayer? Not so sure. Tiger Cliff was disappointing at Sandown but is worth a look at 25s.

Diamond Jubilee - Slade Power will be a tough nut to crack but I've already backed Astaire at a big price and he's the main danger.

Handicaps - I'm hoping Zarwaan runs in the Britannia. Belgian Bill ran well in the Victoria Cup and might be up to defending this.

Too early for me
But i have backed Magician in the prince of wales and i think he is the banker of the Meeting.

Night of thunder in the st james Palace intereses me and toormore can be an interesting Ew too.

A

Prince of Wales - Hard to oppose Treve but Mukhadram is overpriced at 10s given how this race will probably cut up.

Remote wins this. Gosden has been desperate to run him the last few weeks as a prep (non runner twice due to ground) and you can be certain he's going to be fit as a flea for next week now and will get his ground. He looked a machine last year before getting injured and I think he's the forgotten horse of the meeting.

Due Dilligence pisses the Diamond Jubilee if he runs too.

Coronation market is interesting given half the front eight probably won't run. Fintry is never going off 7/1

Gold Cup - Is Leading Light a guaranteed stayer? Not so sure. Tiger Cliff was disappointing at Sandown but is worth a look at 25s

I’ve been recently looking at him. The St Leger winner has also won the Queen’s Vase at Ascot over two miles. While finding a step back to 12f in the Arc a task he has made a strong reappearance this season in beating both Royal Diamond and Pale Mimosa in the Vintage Crop Stakes at Navan. There is a lot to like about this horse and if he can step up from two-mile winning form looks a danger to all. He has a DI of below 1, which will help, and while there are those who will relish this stamina test even more, the Montjeu colt nonetheless represents the class of this year’s race and has some 13 points in the stamina wing of his profile. At the price I’m trying to find one or two to take him on with even so.

Estimate has bags of stamina but is not certain to confirm form with Simenon and last year's race was probably not as strong a this year's. Ernest Hemingway has been run at the wrong trip for most of his career. He could be interesting, but I'm still looking.

Last edited:
Just a few speculative punts for me. Guerre in whichever sprint he's in, i'm presuming KS. The Wow Signal in the Coventry, form has been boosted by 2nd/3rd nto and just been purchased by Qatar (not sure if that can be classed as a positive tho). Finally, I can't see My Titania being beaten in the Coronation, everything other than the lack of run seems positive to me.

Looking forward to seeing where Rex Imperator goes.
Entered in King Stand but I have a feeling they might try to win something within his compass, re-handicap.
Rex would be near enough top weight for a 0-110, but showed he is in good order when flashing home last time is a listed race at Windsor. He has another big handicap in him imo.

Last edited:
Remote wins this. Gosden has been desperate to run him the last few weeks as a prep (non runner twice due to ground) and you can be certain he's going to be fit as a flea for next week now and will get his ground. He looked a machine last year before getting injured and I think he's the forgotten horse of the meeting.

Remote a non-runner. I could stop a train at the moment.

Think Leading Light will take all the beating.
Look forward to seeing Treve strut her stuff.
Gutted Avenir Certain is not coming over. Think she would have hacked up in the Coronation.
Do like Hot Streak. Sole Power will surely be hard to keep out the frame, especially with the decent weather forecast.

Being rerouted to July Cup having shown unnatural ability when let loose on Fethard road.
Picked up 2 penalty points for speeding in restricted speed area.
His court appearance clashes with Gold Cup so "the lads " are discussing it !

Would take on Sky Lantern in the DoC with Integral.
Quite like Muwaary in the Jersey if taking up his entry.

Toormore may miss SJPS for Prix Jean Prat . Whether that is because N of T is burning up the gallops who knows .

King's Stand - Aside from the 3yo males this is the best division in racing this season which is strange given how weak it has been up until last year. I don't think this is a race for a bet with so many strong contenders.

Powers are offering money back for 2nd and 3rd in this which changes everything. Hot Streak won the Temple with stacks in hand and is a bet at 4s.

Would take on Sky Lantern in the DoC with Integral.
Quite like Muwaary in the Jersey if taking up his entry.

Integral is shorter and I cannot fathom why. Esoterique will love the track.

The Jersey is the flat equiv of the Cheltenham Bumper for me. Avoid at all costs.

Toormore may miss SJPS for Prix Jean Prat . Whether that is because N of T is burning up the gallops who knows .

No it’s nothing to do with NoT. Middleham Park Racing want him to run on Tuesday. According to Tim Palin they were a bit concerned that he was "dull in his coat", but after tests he’s still on for the Palace.

not a great lineup for the Queen Anne is it. Toronado wins it puffing on a stogie if he's near his best but first race for 10 months........not sure. Verazzano will be interesting if he improves from the Lockinge run. Impressive looking beast as well.

SJP, huge Kingman fan. Suspect they may get Toormore setting a decent gallop if nobody else does to try and set it up for NoT.

Would have fancied Sole Power for the Kings Stand if there's firm in the description but not so sure now.

Back