Ryanair Chase 2016

Referring back to The gold Cup thread and Road To Riches, he appears to be one of maybe only a few horses likely to entered in both races, almost all of which are owned by Gigginstown. With Don Cossack also having the dual entry it surely becomes more likely that one of them heads here. I reckon the next run from those two will decide which and most likely it'll be RTR.

Gutted about Apache but have Champagne West (at a juicy 55) and Valseur Lido now.

Smad Place and Al Ferof may head the market if the big V doesn't run, and neither are true contenders imo.

Have a lot of time for Champagne West. Can be a bit hairy to watch. Ran well last time. Just wonder whether they'll go HC route and possibly 3m.

Have a lot of time for Champagne West. Can be a bit hairy to watch. Ran well last time. Just wonder whether they'll go HC route and possibly 3m.

They've surely got to take advantage of his current Mark based on the run behind Village Vic. It's just whether they do that before or at the festival. What big prizes are out there between now and March?

The other option is to stick him in at the deep end now and see if he can cut it. If he can then great, if he can't you can still protect his mark and go for the 3m handicap on the 1st day.

He'll need a run, and where they send him next will tell you which route they plan for the Festival. I think the SAC is more likely, but if they happened to drop him in a hurdle somewwhere get on for the handicap chase fast.

They've surely got to take advantage of his current Mark based on the run behind Village Vic. It's just whether they do that before or at the festival. What big prizes are out there between now and March?

The other option is to stick him in at the deep end now and see if he can cut it. If he can then great, if he can't you can still protect his mark and go for the 3m handicap on the 1st day.

My initial thought after his last run was day one at the festival is where he'll up. But time will tell.

Disappointed not to see Uxizandre entered up. I imagine that's him out for the season at this stage. Shame.

For my two cents, I can't see Road To Riches lining up here. Third in last years Gold Cup, better ground would see him to better effect, he had been on the go a long time up to the end of last season. I'm pretty sure Eddie O'Leary was recently interviewed and stated if they feel they have 3, 4, 5 legitimate darts to throw at the Gold Cup, they'll throw all of them. Unless RTR absolutely bombs in the Hennessy, he goes for the Gold Cup imo. Any sort of decent run, improvement to come, next stop Gold Cup.

Definitely out for the season and King said he's not even had him in the yard yet

Cheers Perpetual. A real shame. His win at last years festival was very easy on the eye. McCoy straight after saying he couldn't hold on to him, I was hoping he could enter QMCC calculations.

I'm pretty sure Eddie O'Leary was recently interviewed and stated if they feel they have 3, 4, 5 legitimate darts to throw at the Gold Cup, they'll throw all of them.

The brother certainly said something along those lines, but added an interjection that they would put one of them in their own race.

Mozoltov wants to be going in the 3-mile handicap on Tuesday..........with Don Poli keeping the weight off him. :lol:

Presume they'll want to have a chance of winning which they won't with those two [emoji3]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The only decision they really have is where to send RTR as the two Don's are nailed on for the Gold Cup and the others are not realistic winners of either race. Even saying that the only way I can see RTR going for the Ryanair is if it turns up soft. Good ground could easily draw out the extra improvement RTR needs to finish in front of Djakadam this time around but everything would happening a little to quickly for him in the Ryanair.

Back