Ryanair Chase 2016

Hasn't been working well ! What a load of bollocks he won in a common canter and it was all about Djakadam being fit . Hope nobody was put off backing him

I backed him at EVS, only a small stake. Was slightly worried given the reports about his work... Needn't have worried a bit.

Winning a Grade 1 on the bridle like that... wow.

There was no need to read between any lines Mullins did not repeat Ricci's story and Ruby said he was working as well as he had been before the KG .

Last edited:
the price was because punters believed the 90%..despite being misled re the race they ran him in..that split in the JLT told you this was his race..a superb perfomance

Last edited:
Vautour will need to be 100% and maybe then some to beat Road To Riches.

It's not often I'm right but I'm wrong again.

I have to say, I'm not impressed with Cooper's riding these days. He doesn't seem to be giving his horses any confidence but this was probably just the wrong race for him.

I don't think Vautour really was at his best there either.

I have to say, I'm not impressed with Cooper's riding these days. He doesn't seem to be giving his horses any confidence but this was probably just the wrong race for him.

Should have been in the GC, and I am extremely surprised they put him in the Ryanair.

There was no need to read between any lines Mullins did not repeat Ricci's story and Ruby said he was working as well as he had been before the KG .

deary me...if there was no need to read between the lines..why did folk believe the 90%?

it was obvious that both are fine and they wanted two G1's.

I backed the second ew which paid bitter than backing Vautour who definitely wasn't 100%:blink: Gawd help Arkle's 212 if that was him at 90% fit :lol:

Road to Riches unquestionably in the wrong race.....he tired up the hill after trying to go with a monster over his optimum trip. Super jumper that could have put them in trouble tomorrow

Old Al Ferof ran a blinder and TDS doing all his best work at the finish .

I'd say Al Ferof has been a huge let down considering who he beat in the Supreme. Forever the bridesmaid since then.

Vautour - sheer class. What Ruby said in the post race interview seemed completely genuine. He probably wasn't firing at home but Cheltenham just makes him a different horse. Definitely Gold Cup next year!

Good lesson there in sticking to your guns.

Fine Fine horse.

I doubt there was much wrong with him.

They should put him over 3m at Punchestown.

That will save my week.

Well that was easy. Lets face it, he was a penalty kick at 11/10. He excels at that trip.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

One thing that Willie Mullins has always done is put his owner's horses in the race that it has the best chance of winning, whether its Quevega, Annie Power and here again.

IF anything it looks like Walsh and Mullins have done a number on Ricci more than anything.

Back