Monets Garden 10/1
Racing Demon 10/1
The Listener 10/1
Don’t Push It 12/1
L’Antartique 12/1
Tamarinbleu 12/1
Crozan 20/1

Looks a good renewal on paper.

Indeed it does, but i don't see a Nicholls horse which is surprising.

What about Taranis, he won't go for the GC surely?

Taranis did a tendon in the King George.

Is The Listener 10/1 solely because of the likely ground? Surely he won't go for the GC?

I dont. The Listener is the best of that lot for me. Mossbank is the interesting one. Will only run there though if connections are yellow.

Fair enough. So which Nicholls horses will run in the GC?

Where is Neptunes Collonges?

Aces Four would be my winner, and connections currently favour this race, despite him being quoted fourth favourite in the Gold Cup.

Racing Demon?!?! The horse does not go left handed and cannot possibly be backed with any confidence for this.

People forget how well Racing Demon ran in his novice hurdle at Cheltenham.

He was only beaten 5l last year.

IF he can sort out his jumping, he would have a squeak. I was surprised how well he ran at Christmas and I am reassessing my opinion of the horse at the moment.

I think his jumping of fences around a track like Cheltenham will make it very tough for Racing Demon. He got away with it over hurdles.

No, people don't forget. People realise that in jumping fences he jumps markedly out to the right and needs a right handed track.

Hen has tried all sorts to sort out his jumping, he still does it. It wouldn't surprise me to see him not even run at the Festival.

His tendency to go right was all the more accentuated when he switched to chasing Bar, his hurdling performance at the course is irrelevant. This is his third season chasing and he is not going to change his ways! I think he's a cracking horse and he's basically a sound jumper but even now, when hes going the right way he still takes half of the fence wings out which shows just how much he has to go right. Connections are wasting a run by sending him to Cheltenham, just as they were last year, and should keep the horse fresh for right-handed track tasks in which he would have a winning chance, without giving him a needlessly hard race giving away ground and wasting energy at Cheltenham.

Well this was obvious last season but the dopey trainer kept on and on how straight he jumps at home blah blah blah

You beat me to it Maruco but I wasn't sure whether this was for public information. I take it is now? I was tempted to post something to the effect that the winner isn't even in PP's book!!! Anyone who thinks Denman wins the GC must surely be giving Aces Four a big chance. Denman was the ebst winner of the SAC whom I hold a record for (by some distance) Aces Four was the only horse capable of going with him. I personally think he was beaten when he clattered the fence, but he clearly had everything else but Denman, stretched and playing second fiddle

Racing Demon? World Hurdle :D Ideal race for him if he has to run at Cheltenham

if you only back racing demon when he goes off as favourite on a right handed track your results would be, 2131111F1F1. not bad for a horse who is perceived to be a dodgy jumper,trendsetta

Those figures dont impress me as much as they probably should. Welcome to the forum trendsetta.

I've never seen a horse so eager to brush through the birch uprights at the right hand side of a fence. Horse is a bit of a loon.

Originally posted by trendsetta@Jan 3 2008, 06:16 PM
if you only back racing demon when he goes off as favourite on a right handed track your results would be, 2131111F1F1. not bad for a horse who is perceived to be a dodgy jumper,trendsetta
Unfortunately, in open chase company that trend is restricted to U11, with the two wins being 13/8 and 1/4 wins of the Peterborough Chase.

And welcome to the forum :)

Back