Ryanair Chase

On The Bridle

At the Start
No thread for this although mentioned on several others - Riverside Theatre has as good as been confirmed for this by Tricky Nicky yesterday - still a little 6/1 available with Boyles - bet of the meeting IMO!!:ninja:

I think he is a lay
he will not act in the course and some horses in the field with better form.

Outpaced in Arkle last year. Not sure he relishes Chelt. Alot of horses of simlilar capability in this race. I like Tranquil Sea but wouldn't pile on

Im a big fan of Tranquil Sea, will love the course, been trained for it, shrewd enough operation behind him, and reportedly to be in great tune. Thatl do for me.

Same here. Tranquil Sea will do for me - he has a really good record when fresh and he wasn't fresh last year.

JY Vole for me. Finished beside Poquelin last year yet is 3 times the price :blink: Definitely an EW value bet.

Kalahari King has been my long term fancy for this, but I very much fear Poquelin and Riverside Theatre. An ulta competitive race it seems to me.

Poquelin (9/2) , Riverside Theatre (
steamer.gif
11/2) , Kalahari King (
steamer.gif
8) , Tranquil Sea (8) , Albertas Run (12
drifter.gif
) , JY Vole (16) , Gauvain (25) , Weird Al (33) , Tartak (36) , The Nightingale (36) , Psycho (40) , Hey Big Spender (42) , Rubi Light (
steamer.gif
43) , Somersby (43) , Captain Cee Bee (49) , Voy Por Ustedes (51) , Noland (53)

Tranquil Sea is monstorous at 8's

All depends on whether Alberta's Run turns up fit and well - if so given reasonable ground he wins .

Just watched the Victor Chandler Chase again Henrietta Knight has lost her marbles imo not running Somersby in this.

I cannot believe AR is going for the Gold Cup - notwithstanding his RSA Chase win he has no chance in that race .

I cannot believe AR is going for the Gold Cup - notwithstanding his RSA Chase win he has no chance in that race .

Like you say he's won the RSA... so what do you do? Do you go for another Ryanair Chase or have a crack at the Gold Cup? He was well beaten in it before, but it will be his last chance this time.

I would go for the Gold Cup, too.

I know Miller and others seem to think that there will be monster performances put up by Denman and Long Run.

But there is a chance that the two Nicholls horses are past it, that Imperial Commander won't have a good day and that Long Run won't act on the track.

Who are you going to be afraid of then? Kempes, Midnight Chase, Diamond Harry?

I'd go for it with AR, big time.

He was beaten out of sight before and I do not think he stayed . He won the RSA on class advantage and apart from a distant second to KS in a KG all his best form is over 2m4f or 2m 5f .

Also much his best efforts have been for AP and he will be aboard Kempes surely.

Last edited:
Back