Ryanair Chase

From RP:

"Tranquil Sea worked superbly on Wednesday but we weren't happy with the way he scoped after exercise," O'Grady said on Saturday.
"He worked again this morning and again went very well but he scoped poorly and our vet has recommended a course of antibiotics which, unfortunately, will preclude him from running."

What day was the Betfair drift, Thursday? As Gearoid said on another thread, Betfair is certainly the place for spotting the running plans.

betfair seem to know more than the connections do :)

I would never ever think Poquelin is a 170 horse. It is like they are giving out 170 ratings to beat the band. He effectively won the Boylesports off 158 yet goes up 12 pounds?!

Happy to look silly afterwards but for those interested in what must be the best place lay of Cheltenham, Kalahari King is around the evens mark, and hasn't been placed in his last 6 starts. He is 10, and can't be improving. don't understand the 9/2. This isn't a handicap, so Ferdy had no reason to be cheating with this one all winter.

Still keen on J'y Vole. Albertas Run my most likely winner.

Didn't get KK right but happy with Albertas Run.

Disappointed for the mare as she would have won in my opinion (realise that's a strong statement) if she settled. Travelled like a dream.

Lets hope people see sense and downgrade Poquelin from his much too lofty perch.

Delighted to see Albert win today - always been a huge fav of mine and to come back after that crashing fall against Master Minded is something.

Did they hint that we might see Alberta's tomorrow?

Lets hope not. The owner seems a nightmare, and probably hard work for Jonjo to get the horse in the right race.

A real underrated star - 3 Cheltenham Festival wins now, you can't get much better than that.

I agree with all that, but would say it's tough for Ryanair winners to get massive hype as it is a bit of a consolation prize in a way.

Voy Por Ustedes ran really well also for a long way. Nice to see.

Back