Ryanair Chase

This displeases me

y2nef.jpg

Think Hamm's post about the runners in this race and value in the market is probably one of the best I've read on forum in recent times...credit where due, makes a lot of sense to chop up the market that way.

Except Tranquil Sea s out and Somersby is now likely to run. Betfair is your card for figuring out what runs where.

I thought I was begining to get a handle on this race and had it similar to Hamm, Tranquil Sea & Jy Vole. Now with Somersby a big chance of running and no TS, who knows!

Nice piece Hamm. You have summed it up pretty well. I know your a fan of the mare but would you not be worried that she couldn't beat Follow the Plan off level weights the last day and getting 5lbs off Roberto Goldback?

Yes! Hope that it was the ground that beat her that day. I thought she travelled best of all last year and can hopefully be at least placed again.

Hamm, them price on Kalahari may be too short but he ran much better at Ascot than the 22 length figure would suggest. He was carried onto the hurdle track and nearly brought to a standstill by the fall of Petit Robin. The Jockey reportedly said he lost 30 or 40 lengths there, and even allowing for optimism in a jockey's report it was clear he would have been closely involved in the finish.

Nothing. I think it might be people second guessing connections because of the ground, I doubt there is actually a problem with the horse. I was considering stepping in again but after what happened with St Nicholas Abbey in the Derby It's probably best to sit tight.

What's O'Gradys form like at the moment - no access to the net - cannot remember him having too many winners lately - maybe something there??

Only eight runners in the last 14 days, two of them third, two pulled up.

Catch Me and Do Brazil were the shortest priced, at 7/2 and 5/2 respectively. Three of them were complete outsiders.

How many times have they changed their mind? Last I heard, the owner had chemotherapy on Wednesday, so they were set for the Ryanair.

...it does my head in the week before the Festival. It's like musical chairs. Even those who don't intentionally set out to be uninformative (or to deceive), drive us round the bend.

How many times have they changed their mind? Last I heard, the owner had chemotherapy on Wednesday, so they were set for the Ryanair.
She's having chemo on the Thursday so they're running in the Champion so she can go and see the horse run.

From Andrew Mac's b;og today. I guess all is ok. Wish I took the 16's now

Tranquil Sea is the apple of my eye, the apple of his own eye too, loves himself. He can love whoever he wants if he wins the Ryanair. Nothing came to light on his poor perfomance last year but he is two from two this term. Old rival Poquelin is favourite but there isn’t much between them, he has a real chance.

From RP:

"Tranquil Sea worked superbly on Wednesday but we weren't happy with the way he scoped after exercise," O'Grady said on Saturday.
"He worked again this morning and again went very well but he scoped poorly and our vet has recommended a course of antibiotics which, unfortunately, will preclude him from running."

What day was the Betfair drift, Thursday? As Gearoid said on another thread, Betfair is certainly the place for spotting the running plans.

Back