Ryanair Chase

Obviously no wind up Aragorn.

As a new member would not put up something that would be a wind up. I told Grasshopper what I had seen who wanted further answers via PM.

Thought the information may be useful to some, can understand not trusting a new member but am not a wind up merchant.

Genuinely have a love of horse racing and love to have a punt thats why i signed up! Have been lurking for years but never joined.

Anyway back to the Ryanair.......Ballynagour is my fancy at this stage but drifting on betfair so will hold fire!

No problem Smarty!! I'll shut up and listen in future! :)

Wind problems can be unpredictable at the best of times.
Trapped epiglottis especially so .

Edge, as an equine vet, are you sure about your facts?

Digger, who assures me of his horse-whisperer credentials, reckons this should have been easy to spot?

Edge, as an equine vet, are you sure about your facts?

Digger, who assures me of his horse-whisperer credentials, reckons this should have been easy to spot?

They would have heard the noise at least during gallops. Its odd for it to happen to a mature horse after a good few years of racing. I mentioned to you that if you watch back his last few races he holds his head high, thats a give away of either a back issues on a breathing issue. Compare it to his run in the previous Ryan Air and his running style if very different. I'll be shocked if he does come back for Aintree.

I'm going to throw this one over to my pal Edgt, Digger, to see what he says.

PS. He is a thoroughly spiffing bloke, and I'm guessing his answer will be weighted towards ensuring that the truth gets out, whilst doing his utmost to spare your blushes at the same time! :lol:

Had CC a wind op previously ?
Sometimes they can be "thick winded " and as such no great notice is taken unless they disappoint in fast work.
As already said Paul Nicholls will wind op at will while others will wait until they feel they have sufficient reason to.
Horses for courses and all that.Ditto for trainers and vets.
What you said at 8.31 pm is on the ball alright Digger all said and done.
To see the changes in an ultrasound fixed in a galloping horse would put anyone off heavy betting; I believe they should be shown at all Gamblers Anonymous meetings.

if he does..its a particularly poor decision.

then again..same trainer wasted UDS's hurdling season

Well I would love to hear how you came to that conclusion. :blink:

He won 400,00 pounds for his owner and 7 races.

He decided against Cheltenham as there was no race for him.

He sent the more mature Vautour and Faugheen and both won by wide margins

While UDS scraped home by a nose in France.

Talk of CH at the time was a complete nonsense he'd have been eaten alive.

You come up with some stormers as we all do, but messed up UDS's career???........that takes the biscuit

Well I would love to hear how you came to that conclusion. :blink:

Talk of CH at the time was a complete nonsense he'd have been eaten alive.

You come up with some stormers as we all do, but messed up UDS's career???........that takes the biscuit

he would have won the CH imo

yes i come out with some corkers..like being the only one apart from Suny that didn't think he had just been beating just trees..everyone on here was like you telling me he wasn't all that....now all those that thought he wasn't that much don't say anything..i'll bet you were one if i check back..now look at you..ooh he's unbeatable..he's a banker.

he could have done just the same as a hurdler given the chance...but he only beat trees didn't he?..the fact he put up times on a par with any of the CH contenders wasn't relevant..now he has the form..even our cat could pick him

Poor campaigning by Mullins imo...same as the decision to to run CF in the QM...won't win it whilst its got an hole in its arse

when it comes to coming out with corkers T.....i'll let others decide who is king:)

Last edited:
Had CC a wind op previously ?
Sometimes they can be "thick winded " and as such no great notice is taken unless they disappoint in fast work.
As already said Paul Nicholls will wind op at will while others will wait until they feel they have sufficient reason to.
Horses for courses and all that.Ditto for trainers and vets.
What you said at 8.31 pm is on the ball alright Digger all said and done.
To see the changes in an ultrasound fixed in a galloping horse would put anyone off heavy betting; I believe they should be shown at all Gamblers Anonymous meetings.

I read that as "heavy petting" Nothing will put me off that!

He sent the more mature Vautour and Faugheen and both won by wide margins

UDS wasn't eligible for the novices last season anyway.

FWIW Patrick Mullins said last night that by not training Un de Sceaux for the CH last season, they were able to teach him to settle better and that the benefits of that were showing now.

UDS wasn't eligible for the novices last season anyway.

FWIW Patrick Mullins said last night that by not training Un de Sceaux for the CH last season, they were able to teach him to settle better and that the benefits of that were showing now.

to be fair they aren't going to say they missed a trick..but if if he now becomes a real force over the big ones then i'll have to forgive him..but CF going for the QM just because he doesn't rate the Ryanair is a bit bull headed

when CF is left alone on the lead in his own time he is fine at 2 miles..whenever he has been harried he doesn't do so well..his win last time was the perfect tell to stick him in this. He will get harried in the QM..in fact he will wonder what day it is..look what happened when Defy Logic took him out of his comfort zone

I agree regards UDS last season not running in the Champion. I think he would have been a rabbit caught in the headlights. Just my opinion though. Though can see the argument for those that wanted a run. The Annie Power fans who also wanted her in the Champion will have the same view about which race she should have gone for.

Regards the Ryanair. Always thought CF should be in this race. Will be no hiding place for him back at 2 miles. Though the argument of his record there over the trip is fair enough.

Last edited:
he would have won the CH imo

yes i come out with some corkers..like being the only one apart from Suny that didn't think he had just been beating just trees..everyone on here was like you telling me he wasn't all that....now all those that thought he wasn't that much don't say anything..i'll bet you were one if i check back..now look at you..ooh he's unbeatable..he's a banker. And how much do you want to bet on that 5000 pound ok?) As I said on the forum in the last month I never even knew he existed until this season.....now look at you don't you feel rather silly?:p

he could have done just the same as a hurdler given the chance."You think so his trainer obviously doen't rate him as good a hurdler as Fauheen"..but he only beat trees didn't he? "Why do you keep asking me that?"..the fact he put up times on a par with any of the CH contenders wasn't relevant..now he has the form..even our cat could pick him "Pure conjecture he almost got stuffed by gemix in his chosen race" "Hardly the sort of form to be winning CH with"

Poor campaigning by Mullins imo...same as the decision to to run CF in the QM...won't win it whilst its got an hole in its arse "One has got nothing to do with the other CF probably wouldn't win at Cheltenham no matter which race he went for place money is better in the QMCC and that is what they have based their decision on IMO which if placed makes it a good decision"

when it comes to coming out with corkers T.....i'll let others decide who is king:)

I win 4-0 :D

Last edited:
STILL 16's with Ladbrokes. As short as 7's with Stan James.

I cant see how its a much better standard race than last year when he was 2nd to Dynaste.
While the 7's is a tad short, he's no 16/1 chance!

Yes, but the race has just been confirmed and its not like he's had an interrupted preparation like More of That etc.

Granted there's always the risk of injury over the next week, but balanced against the price its worth taking imo.

H'es just been confirmed live on air as going for the race, RP headline online too.

16/1 is a crazy, crazy price NRNB or not now we that we know the intention.

Last edited:
Always thought they were chancing their arm in the hope SS and SDG wouldn't make it to the QMCC but when horses switch back like this it tells me they are not that confident.

Hidden Cyclone would have struggle big time in the QMCC and he won't find this much easier.

I wouldn't have him on my mind as the winner but as a place only bet I might be tempted.

To do that you have to take 2 of the top 4 in the betting out.

John Spirit is the longest price but he's said to be in fantastic form and he might just be Jonjo's best chance of a winner
Jonjo has an uncanny habit of improving horses like him and I reckon he will be very hard to beat.

Ma Filleule was as big as a barn door when beaten by Balder Succes and look a certainty to be in the first 3.

Balder Succes you might be able to take out of the equation if he makes one of his blunders but with a clear round he''s going to take some beating.

Don Cossack is said to be the most improved chaser in Ireland and hardly one I'd want to oppose with Hidden Cyclone.

You may agree or disagree with that but it's pretty clear to me why Hidden Cyclone is 16/1

Last edited:
Back