Saturday 7 January Sandown etc

I've been a big Prospect Wells fan since he made his debut, but Colour Squadron's bumper run & latest win both impressive and I'll side with him at the bigger price today, these two to fill the frame.

Master of the hall for me today. Doubled up with Tanks for That. I wont be surprised to see the new frenchie upset Prospect.

I reckon Henderson has bought a dud in Captain Conan.

His French form amounts to sod-all, and he has no business being entered in a G1 race as far as I'm concerned. I have place-laid with maximum confidence.

Last edited:
I reckon Henderson has bought a dud in Captain Conan.

His French form amounts to sod-all, and he has no business being entered in a G1 race as far as I'm concerned. I have place-laid with maximum confidence.

I have heard a very good word from the stable. Not sure will I back myself till later on, but I reckon they have gone to the well too often with Prospect Wells.

Do you not think it is strange that they have entered him in this race as a start. They also have all but ruled Simonsig out of the supreme as well could it be this is their horse for this race.

Going balls deep on No Loose Change in the 3.25 form of last run looking hot and think he'll batter these today.

I doubt he must look shit though, there is just no way they would pitch him into this kind of race unless he was showing something half decent...

Agreed, he probably is showing them something at home. But his racecourse form amounts to nothing.

My only bet of the day will be an an ew bet on Exmoor Ranger in the 3.10 at Sandown. If he can avoid clouting one like he normally does he will be bang there. I will be backing him in Powers, where they are refunding stakes if he is beaten by the fav, which at the Minute is Hold on Julio. Il back him at 8/1 there, back him at 6/1 without Master of the Hall, and have reverse forecasts with them both.

Prospect Wells once got close the immense Montmartre; but I'm not sure he isn't going to need stepping up over hurdles. Equally, I agree with Grasshopper, Captain Conan's form amounts to: never in touch, weakened and beat some rags when the favourite fell. Not G1 winning form for me. High Storm isn't good enough.

Which leaves Colour Squadron and Magnificent Etoile. The former has beaten a decent number of previous winners (admittedly mostly NHFs) in just three runs and looks like a horse going places. Victory over the decent Montbazon lto, who just 10 months ago gave a 16 length beating to Magnificent Etoile has him vying for favouritism with Prospect Wells. Rightly so I think.

But... Magnificent Etoile doesn't look the same horse as he was 10 months ago (when just a 4 year old). His runs this season might have been off the radar (Market Rasen, Stratford and Bangor) but he has been recording wide margin wins strongly held. 8/1 in a five runner field, he might just be the value to upset Colour Squadron.

Imo, all Colour Squadron is going to achieve is set the race up nicely for Prospect Wells.
Coral's James Knight has opposed Oasis Dancer (2.45 L) on the grounds that his last run may have flattered him, and he might not have the speed for this. I take the opposite view - that he's been crying out for a drop back in trip, and ought to defy his 6lb rise comfortably.

I love Prospect Wells - but nobody knows enough about Captain yet to say yay or neigh - he could yet be anything. Hendo has been pretty vocal about how much he thinks about him,but theres a big difference between doing it at home and doing it on the course.
Fingers crossed he does though (even though it will give me another fecking ticket to buy for March...!!)

I'll do no such thing! Put more on at 15/2, and small amount more at 9s. Also have a double with him and Master of the Hall so ridiculing anyone is the furthest thing from my mind. He is all over a chaser.

Back