Scottish Grand National

Diamond Geezer

Gone But Not Forgotten
http://www.racingpost.com/horses2/c...425&r_date=2014-04-12&antepost=Y#raceTabs=sc_

Second most valuable Saturday race of the season, what do we reckon ?

Only eleven in the handicap,Sam Winner given a good chance at the weights given the presence of Tidal Bay, thought Mendip Express was going to hose up in the 4m chase at Cheltenham until he ran abysmally in the race before and was pulled out, but if you forgive him that has a good chance,last year's winner Godsmejudge in there who has lost his jockey but Aidan Coleman a worthy replacement. I have a sneaky feeling for Merry King, reckon this has been Jonjo's plan for this one for quite a while.

Even though he's 6 pound wrong at the weights Trustan Times looks laid out for this and is still off a good mark compared to his good hurdle run at Cheltenham.

I like Green Flag also

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I keep looking at trends listing and don't really fancy any of the horses on it. I've narrowed it down to Midnight Appeal, Sam Winner and Trustan Times.

I think I'm going to go with Midnight Appeal.

Good luck all.

Mendip Express is my main bet......but Baile Anrai is a horse I've kept coming across throughout the season for no good reason, so have had a few kopeks on him too, just in case it's written in the stars or somesuch shite.

Not for the first time, Stan James didn't follow through the oddschecker price (50/1) when I clicked through to bet yesterday mid-evening about Adrenalin Flight. Pricewise has scuppered that but I managed to get 33/1 and 25/1 this morning but I'm no longer that excited about it (that's only down to missing the 50s).

I'm also on Lie Forrit, Trustan Times and Roberto Goldback but would love to see Tidal Bay surge home. I think it would be brilliant for racing.

I, too, have a ticket on the Express. Of the outsiders Al Co appeals at the 60+ on the machine.

would love to see Tidal Bay surge home. I think it would be brilliant for racing.

I couldn't resist backing him (16/1). I reckon there's more chance of him outclassing this field than of MTOY doing it to the hurdlers so it's a value price.

I haven't checked out the history of the race but I think Bonanza Boy and Belmont King might have won it under top weight. Red Rum certainly did. Tidal Bay is a better horse than any of them.

Just checked:

1969 Playlord 12-0
1974 Red Rum 11-13
1993 Run For Free 11-10
1997 Belmont King 11-10
1999 Young Kenny 11-10
2004 Grey Abbey 11-12

(Was Bonanza Boy the Welsh National?)

Just not sure they were all top weights. I was on Red Rum, Belmont King and Young Kenny so I'm not afraid to punt high weights in this race. It isn't Aintree.

Last edited:
Only really started looking but roalco appeals. 6lb higher than when second to tidal bay and clear of rest in the whitbread.

Oh ****. Just seen It's the price wise horse. Not that that bothers me in selection but always lose a couple of points off price

So bloody annoyed about Roalco. I went through this race on Thursday and picked him out but noticed he was also fav for the Bet365 GC and he was drifting for this race. Just logged on to see he is now 11's at best.

I'm on Adrenalin Flight too, just for sporting interest sakes, DO.

J Mullins is a trainer I know little about, has horses running at the little meetings throughout the years but occasionally puts a horse in a big race. Good luck to him.

Last edited:
I'm wondering if Adrenalin Flight needs slightly better ground? Really looking forward to the race. Don't think it will suit TB but still hope to see him run a mighty race. Think I'd back Rigadin de Beauchene if I was having a bet [late night and too tired to go to the bookies].

Agreed but maybe enough class to win if standing up. NR now anyway

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

:blink: Sticking with Battle Group as did last week and the run before & before etc etc.... you get the drift, he has to come good and be in the mood at some point, classy horse, hoping the fine brisk Scottish air gets him going....

I, too, have a ticket on the Express. Of the outsiders Al Co appeals at the 60+ on the machine.

Great picking. Hope you were on. Bowen has (used to at least) a habit of getting a big priced horse into the places in the race.

Back