Skybet Chase Saturday Donny

M

Marble

I was semi hard-on a few entries but they've not been entered so I can only come to the conclusion that Wymott has been plotted up for this and will bounce back to form, showing the sparkle he always showed as a novice. The cream always rises to the top as they say, or should do at least.

As you can tell I havn't really got a logical clue so feel free to chuck your early thoughts in on here...

Last edited:
Skybet Chase 2012

5 Day Declarations for the Skybet Chase of 2012 with best prices too (in race card order):
1. I'msingingtheblues 25-1
2. Calgary Bay 12-1
3. Tamarinbleu 25-1
4. Aiteenthirtythree 10-1
5. Ariel 16-1
6. Wayward Prince 14-1
7. Shakalakaboomboom 9-1
8. Hold On Julio 5-1F
9. Cape Tribulation 16-1
10. Galaxy Rock 14-1
11. Araldur 25-1
12. Wymott 20-1
13. Fruity O'Rooney 20-1
14. Billie Magern 33-1
15. Qianshan Leader 10-1
16. Merigo 50-1
17. Shalimar Fromentro 16-1
18. Nikola 33-1
19. Riguez Dancer 40-1
20. King Fontaine 33-1
21. Osric 33-1
22. Carrickmines 33-1
23. Etxalar 66-1

Thoughts and feelings on which horse is going to win, good e/w value in the race and whether the current prices are good value!

There's already a thread on this. Shalimar Fromentro or Wymott would be the ones for me based on those prices alone.

Can't see past the front two in the betting, both being unbeaten over fences at 3m plus. I'll be backing both and chucking a few quid at the reverse forecast.

I was semi hard-on a few entries but they've not been entered so I can only come to the conclusion that Wymott has been plotted up for this and will bounce back to form, showing the sparkle he always showed as a novice. The cream always rises to the top as they say, or should do at least.

As you can tell I havn't really got a logical clue so feel free to chuck your early thoughts in on here...

I couldn't back Wymott with stolen money. I had high hopes for him at the start of the season, but the way he's been performing I can't see him winning at any level.

Theres a new movie coming out called "Enter the Fruity"

It looked Fruity O'Rooney he was well cooked turning for home at Kempton but a quick deep breath and he just took off again.

I doubt if Inside Dealer would have got past him had he not fallen. Fruity made sure he wasn't going to with a swift kung fu move whipping the legs away from him in mid air, but hey! all's fair in love and war :rolleyes:

Maybe he'll get outclassed here but at Kempton he must have lost 20 lengths as he jumped left at every fence and that shouldn't be so much of a problem here.

With the added avantage of him being an expert in Jeet Kun Do, should it come down to a fight he'll just drop them all like ten pins in the same fashion as Bruce used to in the movies :lol:

I think he could belay his odds and run a cracker here.

If he doesn't turn up I'd be on the side of 1833 who could just be a bit better than we have seen this season

There's already a thread on this. Shalimar Fromentro or Wymott would be the ones for me based on those prices alone.

The Nick Williams creature was 20s yesterday evening. Taken.
The race the favourite won lto was pretty awful.

I'm a huge FRUITY fan. The wee fellow is dogged as a terrier and I'm actually going to have an e/w bet on the lad. I like your idea on his tactics, Tanlic - not many people knew those!

This was the opening post to the Horses We Like thread.

A thread for horses who have gained our affection. They don't have to be champions, just characters. I'll set the ball rolling.

Fruity O'Rooney is not a star on ratings, but he is a very gutsy and endearing horse, and has a fine record around Fontwell, where he has now won three times this season.

He is about half the size of his opposition, who sit in behind while he sets off in front. It usually looks as if he only has the lead on sufferance until the race begins in earnest, but he digs in going around the bends and holds them off.

I fear the long straight at Doncaster will not be a help to him.

What won't matter is the ground - he wins and places from Good to Heavy. I don't know how the straight compares to others when he did well in his hurdling days, Grey? Is it longer than Lingfield's, for example? He did well there previously, although I realise that his chasing has largely been southeastwards, with wiggly tracks like Fontwell, but with a punishing three quick fences and a sharp uphill finish - as has Plumpton (the uphill finish, that is). He's also a very accurate and economical jumper, which helps him to make the most of his small size, conserving energy by not overdoing the leaps. I think at 20s he's worth a few quid of anyone's money.

The Racing Post describes Lingfield's NH courses as sharp and undulating, whereas Donkey's are flat and galloping. The straight at Lingfield could not be described as short, but it's at least a furlong shorter than Donkey's.

Shalimar Fromentro or Wymott would be the ones for me based on those prices alone.

A shrewdie like you agreeing with me on Wymott, Simon?

Whats your thinking on this horse if I may ask, bearing in mind Steve's comments.

Thanks, Grey. I'm sure your reasoning is totally sound, but I'm going to give Fruity the benefit of the doubt you've sowed, nonetheless! Heck, now I'm back in modest funds, I can have a wee flutter!

The Nick Williams creature was 20s yesterday evening. Taken.
The race the favourite won lto was pretty awful.
Was certainly going well enough when falling last time and has been given plenty of time to recover since. Mr Williams, as we know, is in savage form and the race this lad won in France is decent enough I think.

A shrewdie like you agreeing with me on Wymott, Simon?

Whats your thinking on this horse if I may ask, bearing in mind Steve's comments.
Well there's a first for everything, and that's me being called shrewd :lol:

Well his novice form was good last year but he ran no sort of race at Cheltenham. Whether something's been wrong with him since I don't know but he's been fancied every start this year and now he's 20s for this. He has to come right at some point and McCain rates him, and he doesn't often get one wrong. This looks a decent opportunity for him.

Thanks, Grey. I'm sure your reasoning is totally sound, but I'm going to give Fruity the benefit of the doubt you've sowed, nonetheless! Heck, now I'm back in modest funds, I can have a wee flutter!

I won't be able to resist a small flutter myself

I'm all over Cape Tribulation - only had 6 runs over the bigger obstacles and has been prone to the odd blunder but in the second half of his last race at Cheltenham it looked to me like the penny dropped. If this is the case then he could be one very well h'capped horse.

Jody Marsh at a guess.

Cape Tribulation is also entered up in a handicap at Cheltenham on the same day.

frigging page break.

Last edited:
Back