Some help needed Group1 races etc

Aldaniti

At the Start
What I know about flat racing is zilcho!

But I am running a summer tipping comp on our area P2P forum & am having trouble finding the races to be put up :confused:

I need 20 races that are either group 1 or at least very popular

So far I have

Lockinge
Irish 2000
Irish 1000
Oaks
Derby
Queen Anne
Kings Stand
St James Palace
Ascot Gold Cup
Golden Jubilee
Eclipse
July Cup

that takes me up to the 10th July so need 8 more over july/aug/sept/oct

Is there any particular summer jump races that are worth adding?

Helen

Lonsdale Cup
Doncaster Cup
Juddmonte International
Queen Elizabeth Diamond Stakes
Prix du Cadran
Prix de l'Arc d'Triomphe
Prix de l'Abbaye
Caesarewich
Cambridgeshire
Champion Stakes
Racing Post Trophy

There is the summer national you could include as a jump race. Hope these are of some help.

I suppose the simple solution is not to run competitions you know nothing about Helen.

The following are Britain's 31 Group 1 races... Note: last year's dates and sponsors.

DateRacecourseEvent3 MayNewmarketTHE stanjamesuk.com 2000 GUINEAS STAKES4 MayNewmarketTHE stanjamesuk.com 1000 GUINEAS STAKES17 MayNewburyTHE JUDDMONTE LOCKINGE STAKES6 JuneEpsom DownsTHE JUDDMONTE CORONATION CUP6 JuneEpsom DownsTHE JUDDMONTE OAKS7 JuneEpsom DownsTHE VODAFONE DERBY17 JuneAscotTHE ST JAMES'S PALACE STAKES17 JuneAscotTHE QUEEN ANNE STAKES18 JuneAscotTHE PRINCE OF WALES'S STAKES19 JuneAscotTHE GOLD CUP20 JuneAscotTHE CORONATION STAKES21 JuneAscotTHE GOLDEN JUBILEE STAKES5 JulySandown ParkTHE CORAL-ECLIPSE9 JulyNewmarketTHE UAE EQUESTRIAN & RACING FEDERATION FALMOUTH STAKES11 JulyNewmarketTHE DARLEY JULY CUP26 JulyAscotTHE KING GEORGE VI AND QUEEN ELIZABETH STAKES31 JulyGoodwoodTHE BGC SUSSEX STAKES1 AugustGoodwoodTHE Blue Square NASSAU STAKES19 AugustYorkTHE JUDDMONTE INTERNATIONAL STAKES21 AugustYorkTHE DARLEY YORKSHIRE OAKS22 AugustYorkTHE COOLMORE NUNTHORPE STAKES6 SeptemberHaydock ParkTHE BETFRED SPRINT CUP13 SeptemberDoncasterTHE LADBROKES ST LEGER STAKES27 SeptemberAscotTHE MEON VALLEY STUD FILLIES' MILE27 SeptemberAscotTHE QUEEN ELIZABETH II STAKES3 OctoberNewmarketTHE CHEVELEY PARK STAKES3 OctoberNewmarketTHE SHADWELL MIDDLE PARK STAKES4 OctoberNewmarketTHE KINGDOM OF BAHRAIN SUN CHARIOT STAKES18 OctoberNewmarketTHE DARLEY DEWHURST STAKES18 OctoberNewmarketTHE EMIRATES AIRLINE CHAMPION STAKES25 OctoberDoncasterTHE RACING POST TROPHY

Last edited:
Sussex Stakes
QEII
Irish Derby/Oaks
Irish Champion Stakes
Champion Stakes
Nunthorpe
Dewhurst

Plenty of quality racing over the summer/autumn!

edit: nice one SteveM!

Full list of Group races, sortable by country and value:

http://www.horseracingintfed.com/racingDisplay.asp?section=2

Just pick your country (e.g. Great Britain), the year (e.g. 2009), the Group you want (e.g. G1) and click on Submit. Then you can sort by value, distance, date, anything you like...

Might be worth taking a look at Ireland and France too - no comp would be complete without the Arc or Irish Champion Stakes :)

I suppose the simple solution is not to run competitions you know nothing about Helen.

Exactly what qualifications do you need to tot up 30 points for 1st place, 20 points for 2nd & 10 for 3rd? :confused:

Just a bit of fun until the proper racing comes back!

Oh heck going to have to come back to this later, my son has just called to say his college is on fire!

Well it was wishful thinking!

Everyone is out of the college & watching the smoke billowing out of the roof apparently :blink:

Thanks to you all, you have been most helpful :)

Well it was wishful thinking!

Everyone is out of the college & watching the smoke billowing out of the roof apparently :blink:

Thanks to you all, you have been most helpful :)

Think nothing of it Helen... glad everyone is safe and sound.

Far too complicated for my little brain :lol:

I'll put the link up to the P2P forum if that is ok with the Boss?

We just cover the East Anglia Point to point scene

Well done for having a go anyway - people really seem to enjoy these comps, I wish I a) knew more b) had more time and c) could trust my memory in order to participate.

Back