Speed Figure calculation and usage

svj3uc.jpg

This is an example of what I'v been doing.

The distances go up to 4 Miles 4 Furlongs and as you can see on the bottom I've been doing this for each class from 0-85 up to 0-180 - there's more calculations to the side by these won't fit in the screen.

So I'm going to have to round off each distance per mile! thank you.

svj3uc.jpg

This is an example of what I'v been doing.

The distances go up to 4 Miles 4 Furlongs and as you can see on the bottom I've been doing this for each class from 0-85 up to 0-180 - there's more calculations to the side by these won't fit in the screen.

So I'm going to have to round off each distance per mile! thank you.

i can't see the attachment Bruce

you don't round off as such..you bring all distances to one mile

EC1, have you tried using Beyer's method for Jumps racing?

no Bruce..i only use same distance rating over the sticks..they change distances too much..leave out hurdles..too many variables for using them in a general way imo

there are loads of other speed figure makers on here..would have thought someone would like to help a bit on this...disappointing

no Bruce..i only use same distance rating over the sticks..they change distances too much..leave out hurdles..too many variables for using them in a general way imo

there are loads of other speed figure makers on here..would have thought someone would like to help a bit on this...disappointing

I've got loads of data here if you want to give something ago together for the Jumps Season.

not at the moment Bruce..other issues more pressing than horse racing on the go...i use racing as an escape at the moment..when i get chance

Hey EC1,

Sorry to hear you haven't got the time for racing at the moment but I hope things will change for you in the near future if that's what you want! all the best.

Well I am lost to where to go at the minute EC1, someone told me that I should be finding out the class of time produce by using the offical rating which had me confused.

For example; I've tried using my 6f times at Kempton for a bit of trial and error - the lower quartile is 71.11 to 72.24 and the average OR in that range is 75 with the lowest being 60 and the highest being 110 - the horse who ran the quickest 71.11 is called Edge Closer and was rated 97.

Just a word of note, I've only got horses that are carrying 9 stone or more in my dataset and were not held up when winning, I think true pace comes from a leader or prominant sort.

Any idea as to how I could complie something quite logical from the dataset given?

Last edited:
Back